Jezek decendants

  • David Jezek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      I'm looking for decendants of these Jezeks, whose lines have recently
      connected to my own:

      in Dec 1870 on a passenger list for a ship 'Erna' there was an Anna
      Jezek age 49 with her twin sons Ignac and Josef, age 16.

      In the 1880 census Josef is in Austin county precinct 2 and in one of
      the Czech Footprints books, Josef and his wife Veronica Syptak are
      listed for a baptism in Wesley in 1884, but i don't know the name of
      the child.
      In the 1880 census they have a son, Josef who is 1 year old.

      Ignac appears in the 1900 census in Williamson county precinct 6 with
      his wife Mary and children Ignac, B oct. 1883, Joe, B Dec. 1885,
      Winson, B Oct. 1887, Charley, B May 1892, John, b Nov. 1893 and Anna,
      B Sept. 1898. An Ignac and Marie Rypl appear in the Czech
      Footprints Village of Origin book with listings for baptisms in 1889
      and 1891 in Elgin. I'm not sure these are the same people. (The
      census does not indicate that any children were born who didn't live,
      and i'm not sure i've seen any other examples of a family waiting 4
      years to baptize their children.)

      I'm almost positive i have the right Josef, and i'm pretty sure that
      one of these Ignacs is Josef's twin. What i'm fishing for are
      decendants of the twins arriving in 1870. There is a common ancestor
      that links them to a couple other Jezek lines in Texas, and i'm
      hoping for some clue to where my Great Grandfather Karel lived when
      he came over in 1874.

      Thanks,
      David Jezek