Petrik, Ondrej

  • Willie Petruy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 4:15 PM
      Message
      From Book VI Czech Immigration Passenger Lists by Leo Baca.  Page 11

      PETRIK, Ondrej, Moravia; "Braunschwieg",  20 December 1880
    • George Patrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 6:28 PM
        Hello Group,
        Thanks for all of the lookups but I think Willie hit the jackpot.  This entry has all of the characteristics noted in the Bell Co.census records.  Now I have the date of arrival and the name of the ship (I Think).  Sometime between the time he arrived and his death in 1918 he changed (or Americanized) his name to "Andrew Petrek.  He is my dad's grandfather.

        Now for Hermina Petrek (Petrik in early census) who was the wife of Ondrej, census records report that she joined Ondrej in Texas a year or two after his arrival.  She had  only one child, Frank G. Petrek, my grandfather.  They had 11 other children all born in Texas of which 8 lived until adulthood.  Several kind cousins have sent me entries they have located but, so far, none describe a Hermina Petrik with a one year old male child named Frank.  So, thanks to Willie and to everyone who has been so kind as to send information.  Please don't stop looking!  Let's find Hermina's ship, please.

        Sincerely,

        George
        PETRIK, Ondrej, Moravia; "Braunschwieg",  20 December 1880

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.