Re: [TexasCzechs] Response to DRISKA or SCHWERTNER - BOENISCH / EGGEMEYER

  • Patricia Mercincavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      This responds to the posting from Urim and Thummin, asking for info on Driska or Schwertner -

      I am not researching these names, but I did find this census record on your Adolf and Leona Driska.  Here's what's listed on the 1930 U.S. Census for Precinct 1, Williamson County, TX.  On the actual image of the page, they are shown as living on Janell Road, if I'm reading the handwriting correctly.  This census listing provides the names of Hermina's siblings at that time.  The census image also indicates that both Adolf and Leona (Lonie) were born in Texas, but both sets of parents were born in "Czechoslovakia".

      Interestingly, in the very next house on the census taker's route was a Rosa Bolf who had a stepson with the surname Schwertner living in her home.  Rosa Bolf was born in "Czechoslovakia" but Leo was born in Texas.

      You may want to check more records in Williamson county for additional information on these families.

      Pat Mercincavage

      Database: 1930 United States Federal Census

      View RecordNameFamily MembersHome in 1930
      (City,County,State)
      Estimated Birth YearBirthplaceRelation
      Adolf DriskaLonie DriskaPrecinct 1, Williamson, TXabt 1895 Texas Head
      Lonie DriskaAdolf DriskaPrecinct 1, Williamson, TXabt 1901   Wife
      Hermina DriskaAdolf Driska,
      Lonie Driska
      Precinct 1, Williamson, TXabt 1923   Daughter
      Louis DriskaAdolf Driska,
      Lonie Driska
      Precinct 1, Williamson, TXabt 1925   Son
      Alvin DriskaAdolf Driska,
      Lonie Driska
      Precinct 1, Williamson, TXabt 1928   Son
      Rosa BolfPrecinct 1, Williamson, TXabt 1865 Czechoslovakia Head
      Leo Schwertner
      Precinct 1, Williamson, TX

      abt 1904 Texas Stepson
      Source Information:

      Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2001-. Indexed by Ancestry.com from microfilmed schedules of the 1930 U.S. Federal Decennial Census. Data imaged from National Archives and Records Administration. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C.