obituary

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 1, 2001
      Elmer Brem, 59, of Lorena, died Friday, Dec. 29, 2000 at a local hospital. Mass of Christian burial was celebrated at 2 P.M. Sunday Dec. 31, 2000 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in West, with burial in St. Mary's cemetery.

      Mr. Brem was born January 1, 1941 in Hoen, Texas to Eddie A. and Pauline Kruze Brem.  Survivors include his wife LaNell Brem, of Waco, daughter Karen Hansen and Husband Greg of Irving; sons, Jerry Brem of Temple & Michael Brem and wife Michelle of Waco; Mother & father-in-law Emma & Otis Ceska; brothers Ed Brem of Robinson, Marvin Brem of Waco, Herbert Brem of West & Ollie Brem of Valley Mills; grandchildren Austin & Alec Brem and Hunter Hansen.

      Pat Sommerfeld Lyon
      patsroar@...
      Researching:  Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek, Sommerfeld, Behnke, et al.
    • Pat Lyon
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 7, 2001
        This is my mother's first cousin, daughter of John Urban & second wife Mary Slovak.  She was one of three "old maid" sisters and a bachelor brother who lived for years on the home place after their parents died.  We used to go visit & it was like stepping back in time.  They still used the old wood kitchen ranges and their baking was out of this world.  They told wonderful stories.  After their brother died it was harder & harder for the "girls" to carry on and finally they all were in the nursing home, dying one by one. This is the last of them & the world is less for their loss.

        Filomena "Fillie" Urban, 77, of West passed away Friday, January 5, 2001.  A rosary will be recited at 6 p.m. Sunday at Alderhold Funeral Home Chapel.  Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Catholic Church of the Assumption with the Rev. Ed Karasek as celebrant. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery.

        Miss Urban was born August 7, 1923 in Tokio, the daughter of John and Mary Slovak Urban.  She attended schools in Tokio.  She worked as a farmer & rancher for most of her life and loved taking care of her animals.  She was a very active and devoted member of St. Mary's Catholic Church of the Assumption and St. Anne's Altar Society.  She is survived by two brothers, John R. Urban & wife Rosie of West, and Robert S. Urban & wife Lynn of Waco; a sister Mary Alexander, of Abbott; and many devoted nieces, nephews and other relatives.

        Filomena will be greatly missed by all her relatives and firends, especially her nieces and nephews who loved her dearly & have such fond memries of her.

        Pall bearers will be Willie Urban, Tom P. Moore, Jr., Bobby Soukup, Raymond Urban, Joe Urban & Delton Cox.

        Memorials may be made to St. Mary's Catholic Church Building Fund, West Volunteer Ambulance Association or the charity of your choice.

        Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban)
        patsroar@...
        Researching:  Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek, Sommerfeld, Behnke, et al.
      • Susan Rektorik Henley
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 7, 2001
          Dear Pat,

          First, thank you for your kind words about us all during the mess currently underway.  May we be granted with a solution beneficial to all.

          Question?  In your message you stated, >After their brother died it was harder & harder for the "girls" to carry on<

          Would you please tell me why it was so hard?  I am still young, at 42 (relatively speaking...but don't ask my daughter!), and am trying to establish a working goat farm.  I have a select herd of breeding stock.  I fence, I clip hooves, I rope and move 200 pound plus goats (yes, that makes me a 'goat roper'), haul hay, etc.  What was it with  the 'girls' which made it so hard.  I prefer to age (over the alternative).  I am asking for two reasons.  First, because I want to know what I face; and, second, because what this family did is of great interest to me.

          Would you be willing to share a little more information?

          I firmly believe that the farming/ranching culture which the Texas Czechs took on became flavored by their past and their spirit.  Although many other ethnic groups engage(d) in these same activities, they are still a marker of who the Texas Czechs were

          This is my excuse to ask this question to the list instead of just for myself.

          Susan Rektorik Henley

        • Alphonse Polansky
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 2, 2001
                               Frances Jurecka Pustejovsky

            Mrs. Anton Pustejovsky, 77, died  at 9:15 a.m. on Thursday, May 12, 1955 at the Providence Hospital in Waco following an illness of over two years.

            Funeral services will be held Saturday at 9 a.m. at St. Martin's Church in Tours with Rev. J.T. Geiser officiating. Burial will be in St. Martin's Cemetery. Rosary will be recited on Friday at Aderhold Chapel in West at 8 p.m.

            Mrs. Pustejovsky was born Frances Jurecka in Fayette County , March 20, 1878. She came to McLennan county 53 years ago following her marriage to Mr. Pustejovsky. They farmed and lived in the Tours and Hoen communities since.

            Survivors are her husband, Anton Pustejovsky; three sons, Ed Pustejovsky and Albin Pustejovsky of Hoen, Adolph Pustejovsky of West; 5 daughters, Mrs. Millie Snokhous and Mrs. Annie Cocek of Leroy; Mrs. Bertha Sager of Mooreville, Mrs. Sophie Podsednik and Mrs. Emma Vrba of Abbott, two brothers, Joe Jurecka of Robstown and Louis Jurecka of Bartlett, three sisters, Mrs. Joe Tomecek of Schwertner,
            Mrs. Millie Mikeska of Rosenberg and Mrs. Annie Zapalac of Bartlett; 11 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren.

            Grandmother of Kay (Pustejovsky)Polansky
            Taken from the Waco paper
          • Pat Lyon
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 21, 2001
              Waco Tribune-Herald, Wed. Feb. 21, 2001
              (abstracted because several Czech names here)

              Ruby G. Cannon, 78, of Waco passed away Tuesday Feb. 20, 2001 at her home after a long & courageous battle with cancer.  Services will be at 3:30 p.m.Thursday, February 22, 2001 at Wilkerson-Hatch-Bailey Chapel with the Rev. David Storey officiating.  Burial will follow at Waco memorial Park.  Visitation will be from 6-8 p.m.Wed. Feb. 21 at the funeral home.

              Ruby was preceded in death by her loving husband Roger Cannon.  She is survived by her daughter, Carolyn Reat & husband Ronnie, Patsy Swatek & husband Russ; grandchildren Tricia Rush & husband Ben, Ronnie "Bubba" Reat & wife Karen, Jacob & Elizabeth Swatek; three great-grandchildren, Maigan & Cole Reat, and Kinsey Rush.  She also had three loving sisters, Orlena Bowles & husband Alonzo, Opal Everett & Prudie Sexton; and sisters-in-law, Valerie Staley, Doll Smith & husband Roy, and Elaine Cannon.

              Pallbearers will be Truman Martin, Frank Tusa, Donald Cooper, Payne Rucker, Bert Meador & Edward Staas.  Honorary pallbearers will be Ronnie Reat, Russ Swatek, Ronnie "Bubba" Reat, Ben Rush, Jacob Swatek & Bill Swenson.  In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Providence Hospice or Richfield Christian Church in Waco.

              Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F. Sommerfeld)
              patsroar@...
              Researching:
              Maternal line: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Bacak, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig/Ladeweg, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,Slovak, et al
              Paternal line: Sommerfeld, Behnke, Baier, Knuppel, Naumann, Schulz, Knuppel, Ludwig, Thiele, Prescher, Hennig, Buro, Schwarz, Zellmer, Miihlhause, et al.
            • Pat Lyon
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 23, 2001
                Waco Tribune-Herald, Friday Feb. 23, 2001

                Joe Frank Raindl 82, of Waco died Feb. 21, 2001.  Graveside Services with military rites will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, 2001 at Lorena Cemetery with Father Niemira officiating.

                Mr. Raindl was born on Feb. 11, 1919, in Shiner, Texas, to Frank Raindl and Claudia Marie Novak Raindl.  He served in the Army during WWII and the Korean War & retired after 20 years.  He then worked as a Lynn County Deputy Sheriff for 20 years.  He was a member of the Catholic Church.  Mr. Raindl was preceded in death by his parents,    four brothers & two sisters.

                Survivors include two daughters, Jan Blackburn & husband Larry and Jodi Cowan, all of Waco; three sisters, Pauline Brosch of Lubbock, Texas, Claudia Workman of Hobbs, N.M. and Jo Ziek of New Braunfels, Texas; five grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 2, 2001
                  Waco Tribune-Herald, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2001

                  Frances J. Tobola, 81, of Penelope, died Sunday Feb. 25, 2001, at a Waco Hospital.  Rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Tuesday at Catholic Church of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Penelope.  Mass of Christian Burial will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Catholic Church of the Nativity with the Rev. Ron Scheible, OSA, as celebrant.  Burial will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Penelope.  Visitation will be from 4-6:30 p.m. Tuesday at funeral home.

                  Mrs. Tobola was born Feb. 27, 1919 in Corn Hill, Texas.  She married Edward "Eddie" Tobola on Sept. 6, 1937, in Temple, Texas.  They owned and operated Tobola's Cafe and Garage in Penelope for 32 years.  She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  Mrs. Tobola was very active in the Penelope community and was known as Grandma Tobola.  She was employed ny Tobola's Stop and Go Grocery in Penelope and also worked with Rangaire and Lorch Manufacturing Company in West for a number of years.  She was preceded in death by her husband, Eddie, on June 6, 1965.

                  Mrs. Tobola is survivied by her son, Robert Tobola and wife Mary of Elm Mott; daughters, Dorothy Grmela and husband Rudy of Elm Mott, and Geri Weber and husband Steve of Corsicana; ister, Matilda Rosicky of Bartlett; half-sister Beatrice Vitek of Waco; grandchildren Edward Grmela & wife Lisa, Dewayne Tobola & wife Catherine, Frankie Michalek, Danny Michalek, Bobby Tobola & wife Lisa, Michael Tobola, Theresa Parnell & husband John; nine great-grandchildren; former son-in-law Tony Michalek; and several nieces and nephews.

                  Kotch Funeral Home-West

                  Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F. Sommerfeld)
                  patsroar@...
                  Researching:
                  Maternal line: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Bacak, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig/Ladeweg, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,Slovak, et al
                  Paternal line: Sommerfeld, Behnke, Baier, Knuppel, Naumann, Schulz, Knuppel, Ludwig,  Prescher, Hennig, Buro, Schwarz, Zellmer, Miihlhause, et al.
                • Pat Lyon
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 10, 2001
                    Waco Tribune Herald , Thursday June 7, 2001

                    CAMERON-
                    Angeline Peeler, 78, of Buckholts, died Monday.  Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Marek-Burns-Laywell Funeral Home in Cameron, with the Rev. Johnny Kueker and the Rev. Henry Beseda officiating.  Burial will follow at Corinth Cemetery near Buckholts.

                    Mrs. Peeler, a retired homemaker, was born August 25, 1922, in Bryant Station, to Jim Vince and Minnie Frances Slovacek Petruy.  She was a member of Buckholts Brethren Church.  She was preceded in death by her husband, Nealon Edwin Peeler in 1993.

                    Survivors include her sons, Edwin L. Peeler of Buckholts and William H. Peeler of College Station; mother, Minnie Petruy of Georgetown; sister Marie Kelley of Georgetown; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

                    Memorials to Corinth Cemetery, Rt. 2, Box 160, Buckholts, TX 76518
                  • Matt
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 25, 2001
                      I noticed that you are researching the Stasny line. I was wondering
                      if you have a Charles Anton Stasny who married Isabella Felicity
                      Brosch. If so, I can put you in contact with someone else who is
                      researching this line. I also recently copied some marriage records
                      which deal with the Stasny line.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 27, 2001
                        Waco Tribune Herald, Thursday Dec. 27, 2001

                        Abstract

                        Helen Polansky Blakenship passed away.  (exact date not given) (age & date of birth or parentage not given) Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, 2001 at Connally Compton Funeral Home with Father Angelo Bertini officiating.  Burial will be at Waco Memorial Park.

                        She was a devout member of St. Mary's Catholic Church of the Assumption.  Her passing was preceded by that of her husband Major Jack Blankenship.  Other departed family members include her sisters, Ella Cabron, Ruth Urick and Nancy Fuller; brothers Joe and Felix Polansky and Niece Elizabeth Cain.

                        She is survived by her son and "sons" John Blakenship, Marvin Abzug, Mike Kotschenreuther and Glen Harris, all of Austin; "daughters" Gay Dessel Rowe of Janesburg, NJ., Jennifer Immin and Megan Hagins of Austin, and Michele Yerger of Los Angeles, CA; her "granddaughter" Emily Hagins of Austin; sisters Libby Laird of Houston and Angie Vaux of Dallas; nieces Blanche Urick of Temple, Elizabeth Brady of College Station,Gloria Brown and Doris Cox of Austin, Christine Cuddy of Houston and Joyce Slater of Dallas; nephews, Frank Cabron of Pittsford, NY, James Fuller of Arlington, Edward and James Polansky of San Antonio, Joe Laird of Houston and Joey Polansky of Austin; lifelong friends, Pauline Kinkade of Tempe, Ariz., Bea Stephanski of Olathe, KS, Eleanor Pittman of Lexington, SC, Margaret Frick of Bakersfield, CA, Joe Stephens of Abilene, Ruth Farschman of Belen, NM, Biddie McCoy of Phoenix, AZ, Charlene Jacobs of Abilene, Mary Nurdin of Arlington, Mary Webb of Sherman, Vlasta Westmoreland, Mayme Lister, Clara and Johnny Safron, Tommy and Joan Mader, Walter Baker, Steve Baker, and Janice Bruce, all of Waco.
                      • Judy Smith
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 28, 2006
                          A distant cousing passed away and I am looking for her obituary. She
                          was Corrine Bludworth and lived in Brownwood, TX and passed away Nov.
                          24, 2006. If anyone lives in that area and can tell me what newspaper
                          would carry the obituary I would appreciate it very much.
                          Thanks, Judy Smith
                        • Matt Cross
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 28, 2006
                            Judy,

                            There are obits for her in the Brownwood Bulletin of 1 Dec and 2 Dec 2006,
                            but you have to pay to access the full articles online.

                            Matt Cross
                            lennonluv@...

                            Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page
                            www.live.com/?addtemplate=football&icid=T001MSN30A0701
                          • Ron Walcik
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 28, 2006
                              At 7:02 PM +0000 12/28/06, Judy Smith wrote:

                              > A distant cousing passed away and I am looking for her obituary. She
                              > was Corrine Bludworth and lived in Brownwood, TX and passed away Nov.
                              > 24, 2006. If anyone lives in that area and can tell me what newspaper
                              > would carry the obituary I would appreciate it very much.

                              Looks like it would be the Brownwood Bulletin
                              <http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com>
                              A quick search of their web site archives returns 2 hits for Corinne
                              Carolyn Bludworth (Dec 1, 2006 & Dec 2, 2006).

                              <http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/shared-content/search/index.php?search=go&o=0&q=Bludworth&d1=11-20-2006&d2=12-28-2006&s=relevance&r=Subject%2CAuthor%2CContent&l=20>

                              Unfortunately, they want you to pay to read their archives. :-(

                              --
                              Ron Walcik
                              Killeen, Texas

                              Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are
                              incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are
                              powerful beyond imagination.
                              --Albert Einstein

                              Support anti-Spam legislation.
                              Join the fight <http://www.cauce.org/>
                            • texasjoe43
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 1, 2007
                                This is from the San Angelo newspaper online, Dec 2.

                                BROWNWOOD — Corinne Carolyn Bludworth, 58, died Thursday, Nov. 30,
                                2006. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon today at Davis-Morris
                                Funeral Home. Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday in
                                Taylor City Cemetery in Taylor.

                                Survivors include her husband, Charles Bludworth; daughters Amanda,
                                Kellie, Corinne, Robbie Renee and Bobbie Joe; and son Charles Thomas.

                                http://www.gosanangelo.com/search/?
                                q=+Bludworth+&search_submit.x=11&search_submit.y=9

                                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Smith" <rasjas@...> wrote:

                                > A distant cousing passed away and I am looking for her obituary.
                                She
                                > was Corrine Bludworth and lived in Brownwood, TX and passed away
                                Nov.
                                > 24, 2006. If anyone lives in that area and can tell me what
                                newspaper
                                > would carry the obituary I would appreciate it very much.
                                > Thanks, Judy Smith

                              • Matt Cross
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 1, 2007
                                  Obituary of Corinne Bludworth
                                  Taylor Daily Press Online
                                  (http://www.taylordailypress.net/articles/2006/12/04/obituaries/news05.txt)

                                  Corinne Bludworth

                                  Corinne Carolyn Bludworth, 58, passed away Thursday, Nov. 30, 2006, due to
                                  complications of cancer. Corinne passionately fought the crippling disease
                                  for more than seven years. She was a wife, sister, mother of five and
                                  friend. Corinne is survived by her husband Charles, daughters Amanda, Kellie
                                  Corinne, Robbie Renee and Bobbie Joe and her son Charles Thomas.

                                  Corinne found ultimate joy in serving her savior, Jesus Christ. She loved
                                  going to church, participating in the garden club, cooking, sewing and
                                  attending WMU meetings. Corinne was sunshine on a cloudy day. She shared her
                                  smile and faith with everyone she encountered. She was always the greatest
                                  mother and wife. More importantly, she has heard �well done my good and
                                  faithful servant,� from her Father in heaven.

                                  A visitation took place in her memory on Saturday, Dec. 2, from 10 a.m. to
                                  noon at Davis-Morris Funeral Home, 800 Center Avenue, Brownwood, Texas,
                                  76801, (325) 646-5555. Graveside service will be held Wednesday, Dec. 6,
                                  from 11 a.m. at Taylor City Cemetery.

                                  Davis-Morris Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.

                                  The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop.
                                  http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/
                                • Charles Radford II
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jan 1, 2007
                                    Does anyone know of a book or website that specializes in listing Central European/Eastern European family names and where they most likely come from or are located?

                                    Cjas

                                    Cheers,
                                    Chazz
                                    (Charles E. Radford II)

                                    Researching Aflleje, Akins, Ausborn/Osborn, Bennett, Bohlmann, Brazille, Brewster, Buckles, Cadwell, Cherokee (Eastern Band) Families, Choctaw Families, Clifton, Cullison, Davis, du Chambord, England, Fenske, Freels, Freshour, Gilbride, Greene, Gutierrez, Halet/Hallet/Hallett/Halat, Hall, Hampton, Hardin, Harrington, Haskins, Heinz, Henry, Hinton, Howard, Huffman, Hunt, Illini Families, Jensen, Kesterson, Keyes, Kropla, Mack, Macy, McManamna, Meek, Miller/Mueller, Nauta, Nemec/Nemecek, Nunnally/Nunnerly, Oliver, Osborn/Ausborn, Parks, Radford/Redford, Robinson, Salmon, Sanders, Sartain, Schultz, Shasta/Karok Families, Shimonek/Shimanek, Shippen, Sioux Families, Smith, Stephenson, Tabor/Taubor, Tvrz/Tvrze, Upton, Wise lines

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  • Richard A Smith
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jan 2, 2007
                                      Matt, thank you very much for the obituary.

                                      Matt Cross <lennonluv@...> wrote:
[...]

                                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      <*> Your email settings:
                                      Individual Email | Traditional

                                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                                      <*> To change settings via email:
                                      mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                      mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    • Richard A Smith
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jan 2, 2007
                                        Thank you for the obituary, I appreciate it greatly.

                                        texasjoe43 <texasjoe43@...> wrote:
                                        This is from the San Angelo newspaper online, Dec 2.

                                        BROWNWOOD — Corinne Carolyn Bludworth, 58, died Thursday, Nov. 30,
                                        2006. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon today at Davis-Morris
                                        Funeral Home. Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday in
                                        Taylor City Cemetery in Taylor.

                                        Survivors include her husband, Charles Bludworth; daughters Amanda,
                                        Kellie, Corinne, Robbie Renee and Bobbie Joe; and son Charles Thomas.

                                        http://www.gosanang elo.com/search/ ?
                                        q=+Bludworth+ &search_submit. x=11&search_ submit.y= 9

                                        --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "Judy Smith" <rasjas@...> wrote:

                                        > A distant cousing passed away and I am looking for her obituary.
                                        She
                                        > was Corrine Bludworth and lived in Brownwood, TX and passed away
                                        Nov.
                                        > 24, 2006. If anyone lives in that area and can tell me what
                                        newspaper
                                        > would carry the obituary I would appreciate it very much.
                                        > Thanks, Judy Smith

                                      • jdavid2tx
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 10, 2014
                                          Pat, I know that it has been a while since you posted this, but if you still have her obituary I would sure appreciate you emailing it to me at jdavid2tx@.... I know her brother. Thanks,
                                          Joe David
                                        • Pat stoffel
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 22, 2014
                                            I assume you mean Mary Vanek Albrecht. I will look for it, if not her whose obit do you need.

                                            pat