Re: [TexasCzechs] Daniel J. Holubec, Sr.

  • Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
      Thanks Dolores but the Holubec you mentioned is not related; at least I haven't found a connection.   My Holubec line did live in Williamson County and this Dan was most likely born in Taylor, can't be sure but that is what I believe.   I did find him listed in the 1930 Williamson County Census.

      Thanks again for your help.
      Frances
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
        He was also married to my grandmother's sister, Millie.  His first name was August, and we always called him Uncle Augie.
        For those not familiar, the Wm. Cameron Co was the lumber yard there in Granger.

        His father was Frank Holubek, and his mother was Frances Dusek.

        Norma was an only child, and is still living on the old Cavanaugh farm, just south of Granger, on Hwy 95.  She is the district representative for SPJST, I believe.

        JD

        Dolores Miller wrote:
        I remember a Mr. Holubec that managed the Wm. Cameron Co. in
        Granger.Texas,m, His daughter, Norma, Married James Cavanaugh. There is a James
        Cavanaugh III listed in the Granger phone book, 512-859-2550.  That's probably her son but he coould tell you how to get her.  Tell her Dolores said hello.

      • Patricia Mercincavage
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
          Frances,
          I found some information about this family.  It seems they had two children.  Maybe this will be of help to you.

          Pat Mercincavage
          researching: Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Reha/Rehy, Hieronymus, Shaw and others

          Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 Record

          Name:Daniel Joseph Jr. Holubec
          Date of Birth:3 Sep 1945
          Gender:Male
          Birth County:Tarrant
          Father's Name:Daniel Joseph Holubec
          Mother's Name:Ruth Elizabeth Palmer
          Roll Number:1945_0005

          Source Information:

          Ancestry.com. Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2005. Original data: Texas. Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997. Microfiche. Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas.

          Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 Record

          Name:Suzanne Holubec
          Date of Birth:28 Nov 1950
          Gender:Female