Re: [TexasCzechs] Daniel J. Holubec, Sr.

  • Dolores Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
      I remember a Mr. Holubec that managed the Wm. Cameron Co. in
      Granger.Texas,m, His daughter, Norma, Married James Cavanaugh. There is a James
      Cavanaugh III listed in the Granger phone book, 512-859-2550.  That's probably her son but he coould tell you how to get her.  Tell her Dolores said hello.

      Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg <art@...> wrote:
      I am searching for family of Daniel J. Holubec, Sr. 1910-1984 and wife Ruth E. Holubec 1920-1982.  They are buried in the Mt. Olive Cemetery in Ft. Worth, Texas.   Daniel's father was Joseph M. Holubec 1884-1958 and mother Frances Stansy.   Daniel had a sister Lillian.   I do know that Daniel and Ruth had at least one child.

      Sincerely,
      Arthur and Frances von Rosenberg

      searching:  Machu, Holubec, Ondrasek

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
        Thanks Dolores but the Holubec you mentioned is not related; at least I haven't found a connection.   My Holubec line did live in Williamson County and this Dan was most likely born in Taylor, can't be sure but that is what I believe.   I did find him listed in the 1930 Williamson County Census.

        Thanks again for your help.
        Frances
        I remember a Mr. Holubec that managed the Wm. Cameron Co. in
        Granger.Texas,m, His daughter, Norma, Married James Cavanaugh. There is a James
        Cavanaugh III listed in the Granger phone book, 512-859-2550.  That's probably her son but he coould tell you how to get her.  Tell her Dolores said hello.

        Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg <art@...> wrote:
        I am searching for family of Daniel J. Holubec, Sr. 1910-1984 and wife Ruth E. Holubec 1920-1982.  They are buried in the Mt. Olive Cemetery in Ft. Worth, Texas.   Daniel's father was Joseph M. Holubec 1884-1958 and mother Frances Stansy.   Daniel had a sister Lillian.   I do know that Daniel and Ruth had at least one child.

        Sincerely,
        Arthur and Frances von Rosenberg

        searching:  Machu, Holubec, Ondrasek

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
          He was also married to my grandmother's sister, Millie.  His first name was August, and we always called him Uncle Augie.
          For those not familiar, the Wm. Cameron Co was the lumber yard there in Granger.

          His father was Frank Holubek, and his mother was Frances Dusek.

          Norma was an only child, and is still living on the old Cavanaugh farm, just south of Granger, on Hwy 95.  She is the district representative for SPJST, I believe.

          JD

          Dolores Miller wrote:
          I remember a Mr. Holubec that managed the Wm. Cameron Co. in
          Granger.Texas,m, His daughter, Norma, Married James Cavanaugh. There is a James
          Cavanaugh III listed in the Granger phone book, 512-859-2550.  That's probably her son but he coould tell you how to get her.  Tell her Dolores said hello.

        • Patricia Mercincavage
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
            Frances,
            I found some information about this family.  It seems they had two children.  Maybe this will be of help to you.

            Pat Mercincavage
            researching: Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Reha/Rehy, Hieronymus, Shaw and others

            Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 Record

            Name:Daniel Joseph Jr. Holubec
            Date of Birth:3 Sep 1945
            Gender:Male
            Birth County:Tarrant
            Father's Name:Daniel Joseph Holubec
            Mother's Name:Ruth Elizabeth Palmer
            Roll Number:1945_0005

            Source Information:

            Ancestry.com. Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2005. Original data: Texas. Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997. Microfiche. Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas.

            Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 Record

            Name:Suzanne Holubec
            Date of Birth:28 Nov 1950
            Gender:Female