Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Jezek

  • d1jezek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
      i also have information about this group of Jezeks, since they turned up several times during my research.  They are in the Baca immigration book and several census records i have.  lots of Jezeks in Texas go back to this Josef and Ignatz, i suppose.  this is probably the same Jezek family mentioned on the historical marker near Industry.  There are a handful of other people on this list who also might be connected with these people.  my connection is apparently in Cermna, some generations farther back than i've gotten.  I'll pull out the stuff i have if someone needs it.

      David Jezek
    • d1jezek@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 5, 2006
        I need some transaltion assistance with this ownership list for Cermna 339.  I get what i can out of these by translating word by word, but sometimes i can't get a coherent sentence or i'm not able to find a correct translation of some of the words.  What i think i have here is a house described as 'across from the rock quarry' and in 1798 Martin Jezek owns it, but he dies in 1801 of dysentery.  Then in 1803 Josef Jezek owns it.  i have enough words to see that someone might have drowned in a ditch in 1819.  What i hope it doesn't say is that Josef drowned two year old Anna Jezek in the ditch.  Maybe i still haven't got the right translation for louzi and dvouleta and something else completely different happened.
        then near the bottom of the page i find what i think is 'Josef jezek, soldier, son of Franc Jezek. Franc Jezek, also a soldier, brother of this Josef.' which  i guess would make him also son of the earlier Franc.  am i even close?

      • Zdenek Malcik
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 5, 2006
          Heloo,

          you are right with your translation. It is now house
          Nr. 42 in Horni Cermna (in 1935 Cermna was parted to
          catholic Dolni Cermna and evangelic Horni Cermna), a
          part of Horni Cermna is a hamlet Steznik.
          To Anna Jezek 2 years old: the child drown in a slop
          (a plash) oneself.
          Franc Jezek senior had two sons, Josef and Franc and
          they both were soldiers.

          I send you a picture - Horni Cermna map with Steznik
          and photo with house Nr. 42 from mapserver www.mapy.cz
          (you can write "horni cermna 42" without accent and
          then switch to letecka = air photograph).

          Zdenek Malcik
          Brno, CR

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • d1jezek@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 5, 2006
            thanks so much for that help with the house document.  sad that a 2 year old girl drowned, but i'm kind of releived that Josef Jezek wasn't directly responsible.  What do the first line ' Na "stezniku" '  and the third: ' Oddeleno od cisla 172/2-HC. ' mean?  i think the third line means the house was subdivided from the property at # 172.  does that imply that the house was newly built in 1798 or just that it was the first year it had the number 339?

            David Jezek
          • George Patrick
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 5, 2006
              Zdenek,
              Does the word "Horni" have a specific meaning? My Great Grandparents,
              Ondrej and HerminaPetrek came to Texas from Horni Becva, Moravia in 1881.
              Is Horni Becva near the other towns or regions mentioned in your message?
              we all appreciate your knowledge andassistance.

              George
              > you are right with your translation. It is now house
              > Nr. 42 in Horni Cermna (in 1935 Cermna was parted to
              > catholic Dolni Cermna and evangelic Horni Cermna), a
              > part of Horni Cermna is a hamlet Steznik.
              > To Anna Jezek 2 years old: the child drown in a slop
              > (a plash) oneself.
              > Franc Jezek senior had two sons, Josef and Franc and
              > they both were soldiers.
              >
              > I send you a picture - Horni Cermna map with Steznik
              > and photo with house Nr. 42 from mapserver www.mapy.cz
              > (you can write "horni cermna 42" without accent and
              > then switch to letecka = air photograph).
              >
              > Zdenek Malcik
              > Brno, CR
              >
              > --- d1jezek@... wrote:
              >
              >> I need some transaltion assistance with this
              >> ownership list for Cermna 339.
              >> I get what i can out of these by translating word by
              >> word, but sometimes i
              >> can't get a coherent sentence or i'm not able to
              >> find a correct translation of
              >> some of the words. What i think i have here is a
              >> house described as 'across
              >> from the rock quarry' and in 1798 Martin Jezek owns
              >> it, but he dies in 1801
              >> of dysentery. Then in 1803 Josef Jezek owns it. i
              >> have enough words to see
              >> that someone might have drowned in a ditch in 1819.
              >> What i hope it doesn't
              >> say is that Josef drowned two year old Anna Jezek
              >> in the ditch. Maybe i still
              >> haven't got the right translation for louzi and
              >> dvouleta and something else
              >> completely different happened.
              >> then near the bottom of the page i find what i think
              >> is 'Josef jezek,
              >> soldier, son of Franc Jezek. Franc Jezek, also a
              >> soldier, brother of this Josef.'
              >> which i guess would make him also son of the
              >> earlier Franc. am i even close?

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Zdenek Malcik
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 7, 2006
                Na Stezniku = it indicate that the house was on the
                hill Steznik or in the settlement Steznik.
                Oddeleno od cisla 172/2-HC - it means that the house
                Nr. 42 was divided from Nr. 172, probably due to the
                property subdividing.
                HC is "horni cislo" - new number, DC = "dolni cislo" -
                old number, it is related to the village dividing in
                1935 and the following house renumbering. I guess that
                the old number was for whole Cermna and new for Horni
                Cermna. The number 339 is the old number.
                Interesting is, that the house Nr. 42 owner is now Jan
                Chladek, probably son of Jarmila Chladkova - line
                1963, he lives by Usti nad Orlici.

                Zdenek Malcik
                Brno, CR

                --- d1jezek@... wrote:

                > thanks so much for that help with the house
                > document. sad that a 2 year old
                > girl drowned, but i'm kind of releived that Josef
                > Jezek wasn't directly
                > responsible. What do the first line ' Na "stezniku"
                > ' and the third: ' Oddeleno
                > od cisla 172/2-HC. ' mean? i think the third line
                > means the house was
                > subdivided from the property at # 172. does that
                > imply that the house was newly
                > built in 1798 or just that it was the first year it
                > had the number 339?
                >
                > David Jezek

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • David Weise
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 7, 2006
                  David Jezek, Thanks for posting that head of house hold of #339 I didn't have that one.
                   I see that in 1825 Frantisek Coufal is living in that house also. He was a son of my third great grandfather Jan Coufal. Frank married Rozara Langer, they had nine children and all of them may have been born in that house.
                  Also, on a marriage record dated Feb. 1838 I have a Josef Coufal as a witness living at Cermna # 339.
                  It seem like my Coufals and Jezeks are all ways in the same proximity of your Jezeks.
                • d1jezek@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 7, 2006
                    i thougt we had already had some corespondence about this house, but i wasn't sure.  These Coufals owned the house all the way from 1825 on, but it looks like Jezeks lived there as well.  what do you want to bet that they were all inlaws?
                    like, in 1825 Frantisek's wife is Rosalie, but what was her last name?
                  • d1jezek@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 7, 2006
                      whops.  i noticed you had the last name  for Rosalie, but you called her Rozara and it didn't register that she was the same person.
                    • David Weise
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
                        David, We were discussing house # 202.   His wife was Rozara (Rosalie) Langer in the records I see it both ways.
                        Inlaws or outlaws, one thing is for sure if one is in one house # you can bet the other is there to.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
                          well to rehash Cermna house numbers i have sheets on, where folks in my line were either born or lived according to birth records etc. :

                          144 has some more Jezeks, Pechacek, Motl, Slez, Bednar  and other families as well

                          150 before 1726 Jan Coufal, then Duseks til 1847, Motl and Chaloupka with Jezeks present about 1851-1879, then Sillers.  This is the one my immigrant ancestor Karel was from

                          151 Silars and Mareks

                          166 has Hajzler, Jezek, Dusek, Marek and Mares familes

                          200 had some relevant Mareks, but who doesn't have Mareks?

                          204, the midwife lived here.  Anna Marek

                          do you need scans of any of these?