Off Topic - Muslim Religion Article

  • Cindy Neal
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2006
      Message
      This subject needs to be closed.  It does not fall within the confines of discussing our heritage and culture.  Please don't reply to this or any other email with the subject.  We appreciate your cooperation.

      Cindy Neal

    • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2006

          If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - including this one - be aware that
        Yahoo is now using "Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user. It's
        similar to cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and every
        group you visit, even when you're not connected to Yahoo.

          Look at their updated privacy statement at
        http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy.

          About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you will see
        a link that says WEB BEACONS.

          Click on the phrase "Web Beacons." On the page that opens, find a
        paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo Network."

          In that section find a little "Click Here to Opt Out" link that will
        let you "opt-out" of their snooping. Be careful! NOT to click on the
        next button shown. It is an "Opt Back In" button that, if clicked, will
        UNDO the opt-out.

          Note that Yahoo's invasion of your privacy - and your ability to
        opt-out of it - is not user-specific. It is MACHINE specific. That
        means you will have to opt-out on every computer (and browser) you use.

          Please forward this to your other groups. You might complain, to Yahoo too, but
        I'm not sure if anyone is listening..