Obituary of Dorothy Baca

  • janapivec
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 1:22 PM
      My dad sent me this obituary, dated May 18, but the newspaper is not
      cited (perhaps an East Bernard paper?)

      Dorothy Jane Baca of East Bernard was called to be with our Lord,
      May 15, 2006. She was born to Jim and Julia [Vincent (Jim Eddie)
      and Julia Maresh] Piwetz on Aug. 19, 1934. She was married to
      Melvin George Baca on April 24, 1956 and recently they celebrated
      their Golden Wedding Anniversary with friends and family. Together
      they had six children, 13 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.

      In addition to rearing six children, Mrs. Baca worked for the Fort
      Bend District Clerk's office for 26 years. She was a member of the
      Catholic Daughters in East Bernard for more than 50 years and a very
      active member of Holy Cross Catholic Church.

      Mom lived to make a happy, wonderful home. She is survived by our
      Dad, Melvin; sisters, Agnes Pasteka and her husband, George; sister
      Lydia Eicher; daughter, Gloria Leveridge and her husband, Mike; son,
      George Baca and his wife, Becky; son, Ed Baca and his wife, Valerie;
      daughter Diana Brast; daughter, Linda Rosenberg and her husband,
      Kevin; son, Robert Baca and his wife, Martina. Grandchildren are
      Autumn Leveridge, Wynne Leveridge and his wife, Nicole, Julie
      Johnson and her husband Chris, Melissa Leveridge, Stefanie and
      Robert Stone, Mary and Adam Baca, Brandi Brast, Erin and Brian
      Rosenberg, Matt and Chris Baca. Great-grandchild, Alexis.

      We want to give thanks to all of the wonderful care given to our Mom
      by her friend and caregiver, Janice Halterman. Also, we would like
      to thank Janie and Karyn of InterActive Health Care, Inc. for their
      wonderful and thoughtful service and to all the friends and
      relatives who helped our Mom through this difficult time.

      Those desiring memorial contributions may be given to the American C
      ancer Society or Fort Bend Seniors.

      Visitation was held from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Rosary was held
      at Davis-Greenlawn Funeral Chapel in Rosenberg, Wednesday, May 17,
      2006 at 7 p.m. Funeral Mass will be held at Holy Cross Catholic
      Church today, Thursday, May 18, 2006, at 10 a.m. with Rev. Don
      Ruppert presiding. Interment will follow at Greenlawn Memorial Park
      in Rosenberg.

      Pallbearers are Mike and Gloria Leveridge, George, Ed and Robert
      Baca and Marion Eicher. Honorary pallbearer is Wynne Leveridge.
    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006
        Thank you for the obit of Dorothy Baca. I remember her from the Baca
        Reunions as a lovely and cheerful lady, and we will miss her.

        Rosemary Ermis