Re: [TexasCzechs] Question about contact in Czech Republic

  • Ron Walcik
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2006
      At 11:32 PM -0400 5/3/06, Nbmachu@... wrote:

      > Congratulations on contacting MIrek Koudelka. My husband and I have
      > had him do an great deal of research on several of our families. We
      > find him to be completely truthful, and his prices are very fair,
      > considering all the information that he delivers. And you can be
      > sure that the info he sends you is absolutely proven beyond doubt,
      > from information he locates in the various archives, churches, etc.
      >
      > We hired another researcher in the Czech Republic before we met
      > Mirek. That man gave me a wonderful family history on my family,
      > which I paid good money for.. Then we lost contact with him. We
      > then met Mirek. Mirek went to work for us and proved that the
      > family the previous researcher gave us information on wasn't even
      > my family. The ggrandpa that I had received info on had died
      > several years before my ggrandpa came to Texas. So it's good to
      > check on whomever you decide to use. We recommend Mirek heartily
      > and have a number of friends who have also had him do their
      > research and they would recommend him too.

      I second everything Nancy says. Last June we asked him to research my
      Ggrandfather Valcik's line for us. I thought his estimate was quite
      reasonable. Six months later we received a report taking TWO lines
      (both my ggrandfather's and ggrandmother's) line back 5 additional
      generations. And the price was less than his quote!

      --
      Ron Walcik
      Killeen, Texas

      Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are
      incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are
      powerful beyond imagination.
      --Albert Einstein

      Support anti-Spam legislation.
      Join the fight <http://www.cauce.org/>
    • jgbroze
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2006
        Can you share his e-mail address? I have research that I would like to
        initiate. What range of costs might be expected?

        Thanks,

        George
      • Rosemary Ermis
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2006
          I would like to add my praise for the research Dr. Koudelka does in the Czech Republic.  My cousin had an archive do research on our Sodolak side; but the archive's work was incomplete, and they were unable to locate our great-grandfather's baptism (which was required for him to come to America).  When I engaged his services, I also sent a copy of the archive's report.  Dr. Koudelka re-checked the archives results and discovered they had incorrectly read the name of a village.  Then he was able to take the Sodolak name back another generation and was able to locate g-grandfather's baptism.  I had fun just reading about the hunt !

          Rosemary Ermis
          I have made an email contact with Miroslav Koudelka in the Czech Republic about genealogy research. Has anyone used his services or heard of someone that has? I just wanted to check to make sure he was legimate.
        • Kennan Zishka
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2006
            George,

            Here is his email address: mirekk@...

            Here is the info he sent me on costs:

            To new clients I usually suggest to agree on two monetary limits ofr the first stage of our co-operation. First, some 30-50 USD to undobtedly locate the family. If the initial information supplied by the client turns as incorrect, I will stop further work and inform you on what has been researched, what the results have been and what possible further steps might be. On the other hand, if the ancestral family is undoubtedly locate, I am authorized to work on up to the other sum agreed on. A good deal of work is possible to do for some 250-500 US dollars.

            jgbroze <gbroze@...> wrote:
            Can you share his e-mail address? I have research that I would like to
            initiate. What range of costs might be expected?

            Thanks,

            George

          • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2006
              Here is his website:

              http://www.volweb.cz/mirekk/

              Kennan Zishka wrote:
              George,

              Here is his email address: mirekk@...

            • Pat Lyon
              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2006
                I have had Mirek do extensive research for me and he is wonderful. I had a
                terrible time pinning down where my maternal ggfather was from and he found
                him AND my great-grandmother and their families after checking several
                archives. He really goes the extra mile and I agree his fees are very
                reasonable. I have also used other researchers and they mostly regurgitated
                what I had given them with very little to back up anything, and if the
                tentative information I've given them doesn't pan out, they "give up." Not
                Mirek. He keeps trying and usually can find the thread. Mirek tells you
                Volume and Page and translates a lot of phrases, which gives extra "flavor"
                . He also will speculate when something isn't clear, which is sometimes
                helpful in finding another link.

                Pat Lyon