Texas Veterans of Czech Ancestry - KATROLA

  • Nbmachu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2006
      Here are more :
          Alvin Katrola, son of J. H. Katrola.....
          Hubert Katrola, son of H. J. Katrola
          Johnnie Katrola, son of H. J. Katrola

      Joe, if these interest you, we have a copy of the book and you can stop by and check these entries out.
      Nancy
    • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2006
        Nbmachu@... wrote:
        Here are more :
            Alvin Katrola, son of J. H. Katrola.....
            Hubert Katrola, son of H. J. Katrola
            Johnnie Katrola, son of H. J. Katrola

        Joe, if these interest you, we have a copy of the book and you can stop by and check these entries out.
        Nancy

        Thanks Nancy, I'm pretty sure those are my family, even with the typo's/misprints, (whichever).

        The H.J./J.H. Katrola, is my grandfather, and is actually, Henry Joseph Kotrla. (Originally, it was Jendrich Josef Kotrla).  He was first generation Tex-Czech on the Kotrla side.  His wife, (my grandmother) was Frantiska Anne Vitek, and was first generation Tex-Czech on the Vitek side.  Both spoke czech as their first language, and taught my father, Albin, czech as his first language.  His brother, Hubert also spoke czech as his first language.  Their younger brother, Johnnie spoke english as his first language.  He was born later, with 15 year separating him and my father.  So I guess in that 15 year period was when it was decided to teach english to the kids, and unfortunately, to us grandchildren.  I often wish I had been taught czech first, and english second.

        Where can I stop by, and check out the entries?