purchasing texas czech items

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2006
      I finally had to bookmark these sites to be able to remember them. it is hell to get old
      first place I go to is the CHS website
      since I want the money to stay within my own organization
      once there click on  CHS Genealgy & Family History Publications on the left hand side and all of their publications come up.
      The Texas Veterans of Czech Ancestry is marked down considerably to $16.24 but it has a limited supply.........folks buy these books because they are brand new and if you go to my second source of books
      and type in Texas Czech in the Title section and click on begin search
      it will bring up an assortment of titles and there are several places selling this book for up to $45.00.

      for kicks just type in czech and all of these books pop up and you can spend 30 mins looking at them
      hope this helps........lois petter pereira

      Lois Petter Pereira
    • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2006
        With all of this renewed interest, does anyone know if there are any plans to update this book, or publish a new one?

        My father, my uncles, myself, and my brother all served.  If anyone has a copy, I'd be interested to know if any of us are in the book.

        My father was Albin E. Kotrla (Kotrola), then, Hubert E. Kotrla (Kotrola), and finally Johnnie Kotrola, all WWII veterans.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2006
            Lois Petter Pereira wrote:
            All my stuff is packed up right now and unavailable to me. I know I want to add my brother's name so if they do redo it I would like to know too. Maybe someone from the library can look up your names JD......lois petter pereira
            Thanks for responding, Lois.  Perhaps someone, with access to the book, can look for me.  I'd appreciate it.

            JD
          • Nbmachu@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2006
              Joe, there is a picture and write-up for Edwin D. Kotrla, son of Joe and Albina Kovarek Kotrla. He is the only one included in the book. He was born June 19, 1926 in Jonah, TX. and home of record at time of publishing was Georgetown. Married Mary Ann Faltesek.
              Nancy