RE: Texas Czech Military Veterans book?

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 10:43 AM
      Cindy,

      Do you happen to know who the author or authors of this book are, so that I
      might contact them to see if they are working on another edition?

      Thanks,
      Richard
    • Cindy Neal
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1 4:51 PM
        I'm sorry I don't know who composed it. You can email the CHS library at
        CHSHeritage20@... and I'm sure they can answer.

      • sylviajean12@cs.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1 6:37 PM
          The book is a collection of stories submitted by veterans or their families.  In 1986  Victor Peters had an  idea for their project.  After several years of collecting material the project was turned over to the Czech Heritage Society of Texas.    The title of the book is Texas Veterans of Czech Ancestry.  Its a nice book, but like any project, there are some errors, i.e. the wrong picture with the wrong article.

          I recently purchased another copy from an Estate Sale.

          SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY
        • Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1 6:53 PM
            I purchased a copy of the book at the Institue of Texas Cultures in San Antonio some time back, not sure if they still have copies, but you might call.

            Frances von Rosenberg