Texas Czech Military Veterans book?

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 28, 2006
      Does anyone know if another volume of the book listing persons of Texas Czech heritage who served in the US military is in the works, and if so, who is working on it?  A cousin and I have a few submissions we'd like to offer.

      Thanks,
      Richard
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 28, 2006
        I'm only familiar with the volume that has already been published, but I'd
        be interested in knowing about any forthcoming updated volumes.

        Cross <BR>lennonluv@... <BR></FONT><FONT face="Garamond, Times,
        Serif"><EM>"Madness is the first sign of dandruff." -- John
        Lennon</EM></FONT></FONT></DIV></html>
      • sylviajean12@cs.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 28, 2006
          If there are any updates, hopefully they will correct mistakes from the first book, i.e. wrong picture with names.

          SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY
        • Dolores Miller
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 28, 2006
            Sylvia, Is there such a book and where can you get one.

            sylviajean12@... wrote:
            If there are any updates, hopefully they will correct mistakes from the first book, i.e. wrong picture with names.

            SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY

          • Cindy Neal
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 28, 2006
              Message
              There are a few copies left.  You can order by going to our website, www.czechheritage.org and clicking on the publications link.

              Cindy Neal
              Webmaster, CHS

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 28, 2006
                I really don't know if copies are available.  I got mine several years ago.  It was put out by the Czech Heritage Society.  You would need to contact an officer from that organization.  Prehaps someone tha sees this message could answer that  question.

                SYLVIA
              • Richard Martin
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2006
                  Cindy,

                  Do you happen to know who the author or authors of this book are, so that I
                  might contact them to see if they are working on another edition?

                  Thanks,
                  Richard
                • Cindy Neal
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2006
                    I'm sorry I don't know who composed it. You can email the CHS library at
                    CHSHeritage20@... and I'm sure they can answer.

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2006
                      The book is a collection of stories submitted by veterans or their families.  In 1986  Victor Peters had an  idea for their project.  After several years of collecting material the project was turned over to the Czech Heritage Society of Texas.    The title of the book is Texas Veterans of Czech Ancestry.  Its a nice book, but like any project, there are some errors, i.e. the wrong picture with the wrong article.

                      I recently purchased another copy from an Estate Sale.

                      SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY
                    • Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2006
                        I purchased a copy of the book at the Institue of Texas Cultures in San Antonio some time back, not sure if they still have copies, but you might call.

                        Frances von Rosenberg