Re: [TexasCzechs] Back in 1891-where is Wein, Austria

  • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2006
      I have documentation too, on my grandfather.  It lists him as KOTROLA instead of KOTRLA.  He decided he wanted it spelled with the extra "O" so he got a crone to go in with him and declare he was born KOTROLA, so the county changed it based on their declarations, which were, by the way, false.

      I also have this documentation on my great-grandmother:

      "Register of Deaths Williamson Co., TX"

      Listing for Emil J. Vitek, lists mother as Agnes Slovik

      Listing for Charles Vitek (brother to Emil), lists mother as Annie Slacek

      "Obituaries of the Czech Moravian Brethern in Texas, (1905-1973) Stacy Labaj nee Mikulencak"

      K-99 Obituary for Frances Kotrla, nee Vitek lists mother as Anna Slacik.

      Note:  Emil, Charles, Frances were siblings, and Anna was their mother.  Correct spelling of her name is "Slacik".

      I'm just saying that the "documentation" isn't always the final word, or the accurate information either.

      miladyolga@... wrote:
      What a fascinating story.
      Thanks for sharing.  It's amazing when you have documentation and people still want to believe oral stories.  Some people are really set in their ways.

      Thanks,   Debra

    • Zdenek Malcik
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hello,

        In the Czech Republic is a third flood since 1997, you
        can read some news in English at
        http://www.ceskenoviny.cz/news/ or
        http://www.radio.cz/en/

        Zdenek Malcik