Re: [TexasCzechs] Can anyone identify where in Czechoslovokia this dress came from?

  • Dora Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 7:52 AM
      Here is the correct url

      Yours,
      Dora Smith
      Austin, TX
      tiggernut24@...
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:52 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Can anyone identify where in Czechoslovokia this dress came from?

      At my recipe web page,
      http://www.geocities.com/tiggernut24/Favorites/recipes.html, is a recipe for
      dvuvec, and a photo of my mother as a girl, wearing a dress that also came
      from the Czech woman who gave my grandmother the recipe for dvuvec.   My
      mother wore it for a Halloween costume; I do not know that it fit her the
      way it fit the Czech person who was intended to wear it.

      I understand that Czech localities and even villages had unique costume
      designs that were characteristic of that place.

      Does anyone happen to recognize where the dress came from?

      Yours,
      Dora Smith
      Austin, TX
      tiggernut24@...