Re: Insurance Help in Slovakia

  • kostohryz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
      Before my son began his travels around the world, I helped him
      research the insurance options. I am not sure that the URL will come
      up on the screen http://www.bupa.co.uk/ but you can find the company
      that we settled on by typing the word bupa in the address box. I am
      not endorsing them but it is a good starting point in your search.
      Browse their site and you make the decision. You may even call
      them. It is a large British company. Their rates are low but one
      reason for this is that their standard policies do not cover
      accidents or illness treated in the United States where the medical
      charges are so high. My son was injured in Chile and might need
      surgery but that will have to be performed in a country other than
      the USA. You are wise for seeking to purchase insurance. In my
      younger days I was living temporarily in Mexico without insurance and
      caught hepatitis. Fortunately the best of doctors and hospitals were
      willing to treat me at no chage. I did eventually pay them as soon
      as I got a loan back in the USA. The adventures are fun but we don't
      want to be a drag on our friends and relatives, and in my case,
      strangers, because of a lack of our foresight.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Lois Petter Pereira
      <epereira@...> wrote:

      > It is very smart of you to check this out. I had a friend who
      traveled to Mexico and was involved in a terrible wreck. Come to find
      out her Blue Cross Blue Shield was only effective the the USA and not
      when you travel outside of the borders. ....lois petter pereira

      > Stephanie <daddyslilgirl_00@...> wrote: Does anyone know about
      health insurance in Slovakia & the Czech Republic? I want to move
      over there for work, education and music in the fall, but I'm not
      sure what to do about the insurance aspect of my travels. I wonder
      if I could get insurance here in the US to cover me abroad?

      > Thanks for your help,
      > Stephanie

      and save big.

      > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
      mail.

      Service.

      > Lois Petter Pereira
      > Researching Petter, Vitek, Bartos, Papez, Polasek, Kostelnik, Rada,
      Hlavica, Orsak, Urban, Susil, Manak, Rosenzwieg, Brdusikova, Halla,
      Psencikove, Slovakove, Susila, Susily