OBIT: Gary Wayne Kurtz

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2006
      Thursday, March 30, 2006

      PORT LAVACA - Gary Wayne Kurtz, 48, of Port Lavaca, died Tuesday, March 28, 2006.

      He was born Oct. 8, 1957, in Port Lavaca, to Rudy Kurtz Jr. of Port Lavaca and to the late Mary Ann Walleck Kurtz. He was a self-employed carpenter and a member of Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church.

      Survivors: daughters, Staci Kurtz of Havre, Mont., and Vanessa Kurtz of Damon; sons, David Kurtz of College Station and Nicholas Kurtz of Damon; sisters, Debbie Marie Hinojosa of Hughes Springs, Sharon Kurtz and Pamela Kurtz, both of Port Lavaca; and brother, Alois "Al" Kurtz of Port Lavaca.

      Preceded in death by: son, Christopher Kurtz.

      Visitation will be 6-7 p.m. tonight at Richardson-Colonial Funeral Chapel.

      A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. tonight at the chapel.

      Services will be 1 p.m. Friday at Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church.

      Burial will be at 3:30 p.m. Friday at Shiner Catholic Cemetery. Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home, Port Lavaca, 361-552-2988.

      Memorials: to his children or Hospice of South Texas.

      Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.mem.com.