THE COMPUTER SWALLOWED GRANDMA-that's me

  • S. R.
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2006
      Dolores,
      Don't take a digital picture.  The resolution and clarity will leave something to be desired.
      Contact someone with a good high resolution scanner.  Once on a CD you can make as many pictures as you want.  The only difficult thing is removing it from the frame for scanning.

      Simon  Križan      SRkrizan@...  1.847.398.7812
                                    Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a Mystery.  TODAY is a GIFT !

      Nan, I will send a scan of the ticket, the inspection card and if at all possible my dad in his Austrian Army uniform.  The ticket date 3 Sept. 1913.  The picuture is large and in an oval frame.  It's will be be 103 years old this sept.  We are going to try to take a digital picture.
    • Lois Petter Pereira

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2006

          Hi Delores,

          I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. If you take documents and pictures to the Walmart Photo Lab, they can put them on a CD for you.  Whether you take one item, or a hundred items, you are only charged for the cost of the CD, which is less than $3 dollars. I am very ignorant when it comes to computers, scanners and such, but I've had no problems sending things from a CD.

          Leona
        • Dolores Miller
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31, 2006
            Thanks, I'll try that and see what happens.

            Estrella040299@... wrote:

            Hi Delores,

            I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. If you take documents and pictures to the Walmart Photo Lab, they can put them on a CD for you.  Whether you take one item, or a hundred items, you are only charged for the cost of the CD, which is less than $3 dollars. I am very ignorant when it comes to computers, scanners and such, but I've had no problems sending things from a CD.

            Leona

            Czech glass beadCzech beadCzech glass
            Learn czechCzech travelCzech