Father Marcus Valenta

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2006
      "Subject: Re: Vanek

      Yes, that was the Rev. Marcus Valenta who had been at Praha during WWII; his
      picture is on the memorial to the Praha Nine at the cemetery there. "

      Actually Fr. Valenta was, if I've got my history down right, present at Pearl Harbor during the invasion there.  His ministry at Praha occurred after WWII.  He was a very patriotic priest!

      Ray Bacak, Moulton (and Flatonia)
    • watthuber@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2006

        Wasn't there serval Valentas that were priests?
           I was in grade school at that time and we had Father Tim Valenta.

        Paul Watthuber
      • Jim & Elaine Hicks
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2006
          Father Marcus Valenta was mentioned in a post a few weeks ago.  Here is a picture of him.  He was pastor at St. Phillips Catholic Church in El Campo and St. Johns in Taiton for a number of years.  Does anyone know when he began and ended his service there?
        • Matt Cross
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2006
            I don't remember it off-hand, but I believe he was at El Campo and
            eventually moved to Praha. Someone can correct me if my info's a bit off.

            Cross <BR>lennonluv@... <BR></FONT><FONT face="Garamond, Times,
            Serif"><EM>"Madness is the first sign of dandruff." -- John
            Lennon</EM></FONT></FONT></DIV></html>
          • Dolores Miller
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2006
              Was he the brother of the other two Valenta priests that originated at Holy Trinity at Corn Hill (Jarrell) and bother to Dr. Valenta of Granger?