Re: [TexasCzechs] Searching for Halamíček, Baron, Kubis

  • Dolores Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi, I don't know about the immigration but I know there was a Dr. Halamicek (dentist) in Granger in the thirtys and maybe earlly forties.  I think he was from Halletsville.

      JANET TUCKER <jdtuc@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      My great grandmother was Mary Baron, sister to Anna Baron Halamicek.  I
      would love to know any further information that you may have about Paul
      Baron's immigration to America.  I know that he immigrated with Rosina, (his
      wife) ; daughters Rosena, Marianna, Anna ; son Paul and mother Rosina in
      1872 on the SS Hanover.
      I wish you good luck and am looking forward to hearing about your trip.
      Jan Malinak Tucker
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006
        JANET TUCKER wrote:
        Hello,
        My great grandmother was Mary Baron, sister to Anna Baron Halamicek.  I
        would love to know any further information that you may have about Paul
        Baron's immigration to America.  I know that he immigrated with Rosina, (his
        wife) ; daughters Rosena, Marianna, Anna ; son Paul and mother Rosina in
        1872 on the SS Hanover.
        I wish you good luck and am looking forward to hearing about your trip.
        Jan Malinak Tucker

        Janet,

        Thank you so much for your email. My wife's great grandmother was Anna Baron Halamicek and we know a little about her family. We know they were from Halenkov and came to America in 1872. Didn't know which ship or where they landed. We have a nice photo copy of Paul Baron's passport/travel permit issued by the Austro-Hungarian Emperor. If you'd like a copy we can scan it and send it to you. Only thing is that it is in German and a lot of it is handwritten. Do you have any documentation like the SS Hanover's passenger list? Also who was your great grandmother Mary married to? We have conflicting information. Don't know what else you might want to know about them. As my post to the eCzech list says we are going to be in Roznov and Halenkov for a few days this June. I intend to contract some genealogy researchers in the area of Roznov/Halenkov  to look into the Baron and Kanarik family history for us. Whatever we find on them, you are quite welcome to.

        Looking forward to hearing from you again.

        Greg and Louisa Stone