Searching for Halamíček, Baron, Kubis

  • Greg & Louisa Stone
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hello all,

      My wife, the former Louisa Halamíček, and I are interested in
      researching her Czech Moravian heritage further. Family names are
      Halamíček, Baron, and Kubis. We know that the villages of origin are
      Rožnov pod Radhostem and Halenkov in Moravia. We know alot about the
      immigration of her ancestors themselves and their history in America,
      but are interested in pursuing the family left behind in Moravia. We
      will be spending 4 days in Rožnov and Halenkov in June and would like
      some advice from the group as to where to look for records of the family
      before they immigrated. Neither my wife nor I know Czech so reading old
      church baptismal and marriage records is not possible for us.

      We would love to hear from any of you that has experience getting
      genealogical information in the Czech Republic, or who are also looking
      for ancestors in the villages we are going to.

      Greg and Louisa Stone
      Brackettville, TX