Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Bartos, Bartosh, Bohac

  • Dolores Miller
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hank, Something is wrong with my scanner but my computer guru will be home from college this coming week-end and will check it out.  When it's working I will e-mail you some Bartosh pictures.  Marcella is on the front row with Hermina. I also have death notices of Valentin and Phiomina and a black bound thank you note.  I lost the wedding party picture in Caldwell but have folks looking for it.  Keep your fingers crossed.

      hankn34 <hlnaizer@...> wrote:
      Delores, have been meaning to respond to some of your prior messages.
      You posted a note about by greatgrand parents Valentin and Filomena
      Bartosh and great aunt Martha and so will take the opportunity today
      to put my two cents in. My grandmother Marcella, married to John R.
      Naizer, was Aunt Martha's older sister. Your inquiry about Leonard
      "Doc" Bartosh, I believe he is the son of Robert Bartosh who was a son
      of Roman Bartosh. I still have much research to do in developing the
      Bartosh family tree. Roman is brother to my great granddad Valentin
      and to Josef Bartos. Leonard of Weimar and I are 3rd cousins, his
      lineage is from Josef Bartos. Leonard and I have compared notes and
      plan to get together to merge our Bartosh's databases.

      I grew up in Granger and remember your Dad's bakery. You probably
      don't know or remember me as I was just a small kid at the time in
      grammer school. You probably went to school with some of my uncles,
      Johnny, Bennie, Daniel or Laddie.

      Look forward to reminice about ol' Granger.

      Hank Naizer

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Dolores Miller <texassanta5@...>
      wrote:

      > There were a lot of Bartoshs in Granger and I thought there was a
      Leonard Bartosh. If you check the Williamson County Census for Granger
      you will see how many Bartoshs there were.  My uncle Joe Bigon married
      Martha Bartosh, daughter of Valentin & Philomina Bartosh a few years
      before I was born.

      > Leonard Bartos <lfbartos@...> wrote:  I am Leonard F. Bartos RPh,
      born in a small village of
      > Ammansville, Tex. in Fayette County and am now living
      > near-by Weimar, Tex., Colorado Co. A lot of my
      > ancestors and relatives have added an h to the name to
      > conserve the pernounceation in Czech with the hook
      > over the s. My ancestors came from the Moravian Sector
      > of the Czech Republic. Questions??     Leonard

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      >         Czech glass bead   Czech bead   Czech glass     Learn czech
        Czech travel   Czech

      Service.