i would like to find more about my family history ( maretka & bednar)

  • c_angton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28 12:53 PM
      my name is cynthia maretka. my parents are raylene nelson and my
      father was frank maretka. my father's parents were frank maretka and
      francise bednar. before my grandfather moved to louise tx he was in
      fayettville tx . i dont know much about my grandmother's family. i do
      know my father's sister (rosie) and his two brothers(danlie and
      eugean). i would love to know more about my grandparents family.my
      grandmother would not talk about were they came from she said it hurt
      to bad and my grandfather died before i was born.

      thank you
      cynthia
    • Lois Petter Pereira

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi Cynthia!

          I have Bednars in my family tree associated with the Shwadlenaks. Do
          you have any further info on Frances? Such as parents and siblings?
          Birth dates would also help.

          According to my info, there was a Joseph and Anna (Doflal) Bednar
          that came to America with my gggrandfather, Jan (John) and Frantiska
          (Bednar) Shwadlenak, and also Frantiska's other brothers, John and
          Joe Bednar. The Bednars came from Zelechovice,Moravia (which is now
          part of Czech Republic). They all came to America in in 1873,
          arriving in New Orleans, then traveled to Denison, Cooke County, TX,
          and settled in Delaware Bend.

          I did find a Frank Maretka, married to Anna, children Hermina, Frank
          and Joseph, on the 1910 Census for Fayette County, TX. In 1930
          Census, it shows that Frank and Anna were living with Frank (jr.) in
          Wharton County, TX. Maybe some of your father's family?

          Hope some of this info helps you.
          Angela

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "c_angton" <c_angton@...> wrote:

          > my name is cynthia maretka. my parents are raylene nelson and
          my
          > father was frank maretka. my father's parents were frank maretka
          and
          > francise bednar. before my grandfather moved to louise tx he was
          in
          > fayettville tx . i dont know much about my grandmother's family. i
          do
          > know my father's sister (rosie) and his two brothers(danlie and
          > eugean). i would love to know more about my grandparents family.my
          > grandmother would not talk about were they came from she said it
          hurt
          > to bad and my grandfather died before i was born.
          >

          > thank you
          > cynthia

        • Cynthia Angton
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
            Hi Angela,

            The only one of her siblings that i know of was rudolph bedner he was married to lillian they lived in Lousie a long with my grandparents. they had a bunch of kids i only remember two of them the twins randy and rudy. randy lives in elcampo still i think and rudy ,the last time i talked to him he was still in lousie, and iam related to all the ones in wharton which are just two danand eugen my uncles my aunt rosie lives in westcolumba. My father Frank was killed in Lousie in 1981 the day after chrismas my a drunk drive and a few months later my brother frank 15yrs old died.my grandfathers brother was joe who married annie he died in 1983 live in elcampo. my father said he had a aunt but no one would talk about anything he just said she died onare land were we grew up,and my grandfater died from a snak bit. I know my grandfather came from fayettvill tx ,i dont no were he and my grandmother meet. My uncles wife lillian moved to fortworth years ago with i believe one of her daugthers .
                                                               thankyou,
                                                                        cynthia

            I have Bednars in my family tree associated with the Shwadlenaks. Do
            you have any further info on Frances? Such as parents and siblings?
            Birth dates would also help.

            According to my info, there was a Joseph and Anna (Doflal) Bednar
            that came to America with my gggrandfather, Jan (John) and Frantiska
            (Bednar) Shwadlenak, and also Frantiska's other brothers, John and
            Joe Bednar. The Bednars came from Zelechovice,Moravia (which is now
            part of Czech Republic). They all came to America in in 1873,
            arriving in New Orleans, then traveled to Denison, Cooke County, TX,
            and settled in Delaware Bend.

            I did find a Frank Maretka, married to Anna, children Hermina, Frank
            and Joseph, on the 1910 Census for Fayette County, TX. In 1930
            Census, it shows that Frank and Anna were living with Frank (jr.) in
            Wharton County, TX. Maybe some of your father's family?

            Hope some of this info helps you.
            Angela

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "c_angton" <c_angton@...> wrote:

            >   my name is cynthia maretka.  my parents are raylene nelson and
            my
            > father was frank maretka. my father's parents were frank maretka
            and
            > francise bednar.  before my grandfather moved to louise tx he was
            in
            > fayettville tx . i dont know much about my grandmother's family. i
            do
            > know my father's sister (rosie) and his two brothers(danlie and
            > eugean). i would love to know more about my grandparents family.my
            > grandmother would not talk about were they came from she said it
            hurt
            > to bad and my grandfather died before i was born.
            >

            >                                                thank you
            >                                                   cynthia

          • Cynthia Angton
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
              hi,
                 all i know is my grandmother had a brother name rudolph he live in louise tx with his wife lillian and their children i only remember the twins randy and rudy they had sister.thats all i know about them.         cynthia

                I have Bednars in my family tree associated with the Shwadlenaks. Do
                you have any further info on Frances? Such as parents and siblings?
                Birth dates would also help.

                According to my info, there was a Joseph and Anna (Doflal) Bednar
                that came to America with my gggrandfather, Jan (John) and Frantiska
                (Bednar) Shwadlenak, and also Frantiska's other brothers, John and
                Joe Bednar. The Bednars came from Zelechovice,Moravia (which is now
                part of Czech Republic). They all came to America in in 1873,
                arriving in New Orleans, then traveled to Denison, Cooke County, TX,
                and settled in Delaware Bend.

                I did find a Frank Maretka, married to Anna, children Hermina, Frank
                and Joseph, on the 1910 Census for Fayette County, TX. In 1930
                Census, it shows that Frank and Anna were living with Frank (jr.) in
                Wharton County, TX. Maybe some of your father's family?

                Hope some of this info helps you.
                Angela

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "c_angton" <c_angton@...> wrote:

                >   my name is cynthia maretka.  my parents are raylene nelson and
                my
                > father was frank maretka. my father's parents were frank maretka
                and
                > francise bednar.  before my grandfather moved to louise tx he was
                in
                > fayettville tx . i dont know much about my grandmother's family. i
                do
                > know my father's sister (rosie) and his two brothers(danlie and
                > eugean). i would love to know more about my grandparents family.my
                > grandmother would not talk about were they came from she said it
                hurt
                > to bad and my grandfather died before i was born.
                >

                >                                                thank you
                >                                                   cynthia

                Lois Petter Pereira