Bartos, Bartosh, Bohac

  • Leonard Bartos
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2006
      I am Leonard F. Bartos RPh, born in a small village of
      Ammansville, Tex. in Fayette County and am now living
      near-by Weimar, Tex., Colorado Co. A lot of my
      ancestors and relatives have added an h to the name to
      conserve the pernounceation in Czech with the hook
      over the s. My ancestors came from the Moravian Sector
      of the Czech Republic. Questions?? Leonard

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Dolores Miller
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2006
        There were a lot of Bartoshs in Granger and I thought there was a Leonard Bartosh. If you check the Williamson County Census for Granger you will see how many Bartoshs there were.  My uncle Joe Bigon married Martha Bartosh, daughter of Valentin & Philomina Bartosh a few years before I was born.

        Leonard Bartos <lfbartos@...> wrote:
        I am Leonard F. Bartos RPh, born in a small village of
        Ammansville, Tex. in Fayette County and am now living
        near-by Weimar, Tex., Colorado Co. A lot of my
        ancestors and relatives have added an h to the name to
        conserve the pernounceation in Czech with the hook
        over the s. My ancestors came from the Moravian Sector
        of the Czech Republic. Questions??     Leonard

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Mail

      • Julie Matus
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 25, 2006
          Hello Leonard -

          Good to see you are on the group also.  I was born in Weimar, lived in Ammannsville until '69 - I am Julie Herzik, married to Wes Matus.  We have lived in Spring for the last 30 years.

          later, jam

          Julie & Wes Matus

          Researching:
          Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
          Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 25, 2006

            WOW what a shut out. 3-0

            And a great effort to the Slovaks who gave a very good hockey effort at the Olympics

            I can rout for both since I became a half breed in 1993.

            Simon Richard KRIŽAN

            SRkrizan@...
            1.847.398.7812 Searching for

            KUŽELA, CHVILICEK

            , Cingnalek, Konicek, Kovar, Prchlik, Rachunk, Sochs & Zemek near Vlcnov, Uherský Brod obec, Moravia, Czech Republic

            KRIŽAN

            (Krizsán), (Holeksy?), & Kovacic, Likar - near Dolné Orešany, Trnava District, Slovak Republic

            ČECH

            (Csech), Sloboda & Třnik (Trnovic), near Lošonec, Okres Trnava, Slovak Republic

          • hankn34
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
              Delores, have been meaning to respond to some of your prior messages.
              You posted a note about by greatgrand parents Valentin and Filomena
              Bartosh and great aunt Martha and so will take the opportunity today
              to put my two cents in. My grandmother Marcella, married to John R.
              Naizer, was Aunt Martha's older sister. Your inquiry about Leonard
              "Doc" Bartosh, I believe he is the son of Robert Bartosh who was a son
              of Roman Bartosh. I still have much research to do in developing the
              Bartosh family tree. Roman is brother to my great granddad Valentin
              and to Josef Bartos. Leonard of Weimar and I are 3rd cousins, his
              lineage is from Josef Bartos. Leonard and I have compared notes and
              plan to get together to merge our Bartosh's databases.

              I grew up in Granger and remember your Dad's bakery. You probably
              don't know or remember me as I was just a small kid at the time in
              grammer school. You probably went to school with some of my uncles,
              Johnny, Bennie, Daniel or Laddie.

              Look forward to reminice about ol' Granger.

              Hank Naizer

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Dolores Miller <texassanta5@...>
              wrote:

              > There were a lot of Bartoshs in Granger and I thought there was a
              Leonard Bartosh. If you check the Williamson County Census for Granger
              you will see how many Bartoshs there were. My uncle Joe Bigon married
              Martha Bartosh, daughter of Valentin & Philomina Bartosh a few years
              before I was born.

              > Leonard Bartos <lfbartos@...> wrote: I am Leonard F. Bartos RPh,
              born in a small village of
              > Ammansville, Tex. in Fayette County and am now living
              > near-by Weimar, Tex., Colorado Co. A lot of my
              > ancestors and relatives have added an h to the name to
              > conserve the pernounceation in Czech with the hook
              > over the s. My ancestors came from the Moravian Sector
              > of the Czech Republic. Questions?? Leonard

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              > Czech glass bead Czech bead Czech glass Learn czech
              Czech travel Czech

              Service.

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! Mail

            • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                  Hi, Thanks for responding. I went to school with Laddie and Bennie and Gilbert Bartosh.  Where does he fit in the Bartosh group.  I remember where he lived and I think his dad had a saloon but don't know for sure.  I have a great wedding picture of your great Aunt Martha and Joe Bigon.  I will try to scan it for you but a friend has to help, I always screw up.  Are you related to the Bartosh that married Georgia Haijda? I also had a picture of Martha and Joe's wedding party taken at Valentin's home but I took it to The Texas Czech Genealogy Seminar in Caldwell and it and several other items are missing.  Keep in touch.

                  wrote:

                  > There were a lot of Bartoshs in Granger and I thought there was a
                  Leonard Bartosh. If you check the Williamson County Census for Granger
                  you will see how many Bartoshs there were.  My uncle Joe Bigon married
                  Martha Bartosh, daughter of Valentin & Philomina Bartosh a few years
                  before I was born.

                  > Leonard Bartos <lfbartos@...> wrote:  I am Leonard F. Bartos RPh,
                  born in a small village of
                  > Ammansville, Tex. in Fayette County and am now living
                  > near-by Weimar, Tex., Colorado Co. A lot of my
                  > ancestors and relatives have added an h to the name to
                  > conserve the pernounceation in Czech with the hook
                  > over the s. My ancestors came from the Moravian Sector
                  > of the Czech Republic. Questions??     Leonard

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  >         Czech glass bead   Czech bead   Czech glass     Learn czech
                    Czech travel   Czech

                  Service.

                  > ---------------------------------
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Yahoo! Mail
                  > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

                  Yahoo! Mail

                • Dolores Miller
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                    Sorry I forgot something in the first reply.  What Roman Bartosh are you referring to? Daddy's and my lawyer in Taylor was a Roman Bartosh, his wife was Mary and they had two children, a boy & a girl.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 27, 2006
                      Roman I. Bartosh, the Taylor lawyer, was the son of Edmund Bartosh and
                      first wife, Emilie Stasny. Edmund being the son of Roman V. Bartosh,
                      son of Mikulas and Apolina.
                      Roman I. and Mary (Stiba) adopted their children, Joseph and daughter
                      Louise. Joseph is owner of the Granger Villa Nursing Home in Granger
                      and practices law in Austin. Louise died several years ago.

                      Hank

                      wrote:

                      > Sorry I forgot something in the first reply. What Roman Bartosh are
                      you referring to? Daddy's and my lawyer in Taylor was a Roman Bartosh,
                      his wife was Mary and they had two children, a boy & a girl.

                      > hankn34 <hlnaizer@...> wrote: Delores, have been meaning to respond
                      to some of your prior messages.
                      > You posted a note about by greatgrand parents Valentin and Filomena
                      > Bartosh and great aunt Martha and so will take the opportunity today
                      > to put my two cents in. My grandmother Marcella, married to John R.
                      > Naizer, was Aunt Martha's older sister. Your inquiry about Leonard
                      > "Doc" Bartosh, I believe he is the son of Robert Bartosh who was a son
                      > of Roman Bartosh. I still have much research to do in developing the
                      > Bartosh family tree. Roman is brother to my great granddad Valentin
                      > and to Josef Bartos. Leonard of Weimar and I are 3rd cousins, his
                      > lineage is from Josef Bartos. Leonard and I have compared notes and
                      > plan to get together to merge our Bartosh's databases.
                      >
                      > I grew up in Granger and remember your Dad's bakery. You probably
                      > don't know or remember me as I was just a small kid at the time in
                      > grammer school. You probably went to school with some of my uncles,
                      > Johnny, Bennie, Daniel or Laddie.
                      >
                      > Look forward to reminice about ol' Granger.
                      >
                      > Hank Naizer
                      >

                      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Dolores Miller <texassanta5@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > There were a lot of Bartoshs in Granger and I thought there was a
                      > Leonard Bartosh. If you check the Williamson County Census for Granger
                      > you will see how many Bartoshs there were. My uncle Joe Bigon married
                      > Martha Bartosh, daughter of Valentin & Philomina Bartosh a few years
                      > before I was born.
                      > >
                      > > Leonard Bartos <lfbartos@> wrote: I am Leonard F. Bartos RPh,
                      > born in a small village of
                      > > Ammansville, Tex. in Fayette County and am now living
                      > > near-by Weimar, Tex., Colorado Co. A lot of my
                      > > ancestors and relatives have added an h to the name to
                      > > conserve the pernounceation in Czech with the hook
                      > > over the s. My ancestors came from the Moravian Sector
                      > > of the Czech Republic. Questions?? Leonard

                      > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      > >

                      > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less mail.

                      > > Czech glass bead Czech bead Czech glass Learn czech
                      > Czech travel Czech

                      > Service.
                      > >

                      > > ---------------------------------
                      > >

                      > > ---------------------------------
                      > > Yahoo! Mail
                      > > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

                      > Czech glass bead Czech bead Czech glass Learn czech
                      Czech travel Czech

                      Service.

                      > Yahoo! Mail

                    • Dolores Miller
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
                        Hank, Something is wrong with my scanner but my computer guru will be home from college this coming week-end and will check it out.  When it's working I will e-mail you some Bartosh pictures.  Marcella is on the front row with Hermina. I also have death notices of Valentin and Phiomina and a black bound thank you note.  I lost the wedding party picture in Caldwell but have folks looking for it.  Keep your fingers crossed.