RE: [TexasCzechs] "History of Emigration To Texas" by CATV

  • Laura Bohac
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
      I would be interested. What is the cost?

      Laura b

      --- Steve <salvarez4@...> wrote:

      > I would be interested, put it would depend on the
      > cost.
      >

      > Steve
      >

      > _____

      =Czech+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101
      > &.sig=pOMKzZDB_7r9LQAn5Pj2Eg> glass bead
      >
      > Czech

      +bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig=
      > PFfL-fawXSyI56VBHQeUXw> bead
      >
      > Czech

      h+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig
      > =CfO9-2glJd8nhHG0waRxyg> glass
      >

      > Learn

      h+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig
      > =daVHKxb7PkZ5NkPXlkDetg> czech
      >
      > Czech

      === message truncated ===
    • EnrteWith1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
        I would be interested in purchasing a copy.

        Bill
      • Lolly
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
          Folks, I've had several responses to the possibility of obtaining
          a video tape of the "History of Emigration to Texas" program
          from you. I'll have to get back to you about this. I hope I
          haven't painted myself into a corner. :-)

          A major issue which needs to be addressed is compliance with
          copyright laws. If those broadcasts are copyrighted, permission
          would have to be obtained before they can be reproduced.

          I have written to Mr. Jiri Unruh, as suggested by Mr. Honner.
          I will let you know what develops.

          Thanks to all of you who responded.

          Lolly Petter Pilgrim
          Dear Mr. Unruh,

          I recently contacted Mr. John Honner (see copy below
          followed by his response) about the possibility of obtaining
          a video of the serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas "",
          Parts 1- 7. As you can see by my description below, I
          am particularly interested in this series because my family is
          represented in the photo in Part 1. Several other fellow
          Texas Czechs have expressed a desire to obtain a video tape
          of this program also.

          According to Mr. Honner, a video tape can be made if
          there are at least ten requests for such. Can you quote a
          price (per tape), plus shipping and handling, and a delivery
          time frame? Also, to whom should such a request be
          addressed?

          If you cannot supply video tapes, is the material copyrighted?
          If it is not copyrighted, may we have permission to reproduce
          it ourselves?

          Thank you,

          Laura Petter Pilgrim
          mailto:lollie@...

          Is the TV serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas :" (Parts 1 through 7)
          available in video tape format? If so, I would very much like to order a
          copy and send you payment due upon your response.

          I discovered this very day that you have a photo on the ad for 'Part 1' of
          my grandfather's family! This is a photo of my grandfather, Frank Petter,
          holding his son, Frank Petter, Jr. (my father) and my grandmother, Amalie
          Kupcak Petter holding my uncle, Henry Petter. The three children in front
          are my aunts, Anita and Carrie, and another uncle, Julius. I wonder where
          you obtained the photo? I suspect it was taken from the 2004 Czech
          Heritage
          Calendar produced by the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center, Inc.
          ( TCHCC ) in La Grange, TX as I sent the photo in for publication in
          the calendar.

          Please let me know as soon as possible, if I can get this TV serial
          on video tape as I am the coordinator for a family reunion scheduled
          for April 30, and would like to show the film to my relatives at that
          time. What a grand surprise that,would be! I downloaded Part 1 on a
          disk as I only have dial-up connection.

          Your web site is great! I wish we could get your TV station broadcasts
          here in Texas!

          Sincerely,
          Laura Petter Pilgrim
          Mr. Honner's reply:

          Dear Madam, Czech-American TV is a non for profit and we working like
          vulenteers . My self i have to first translate your email to Czech.
          You ask about obtain Tape. Sorry, we do not producing tapes. We have
          not technic for this. We have not enough donations for this. If will
          more peole what want tis tape (minimum 10) we will go to service and
          we will let do them tapes with profesional quality. If you know
          minimum 10 people we do copy for you. This movie serial (7 parts) was
          made also vulenteerly by producer Jiri Unruh from Czech Republic who
          visit texas couple years ago. Our Czech-American TV team help put
          there english speach and english text. If you looking where Mr. Unruh
          find this pictures, you have to ask him, maybe he will remember where.
          His email is tvart@...
          Thanks John Honner
        • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
            Another thing that needs to be addressed is the cost.  Can you find that out too?

            Thanks,

            JD

          • sylviajean12@cs.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
              I also may be interested depending on the price?

              SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY