Re: [TexasCzechs] "History of Emigration To Texas" by CATV

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
      Lolly, same with me....lois petter pereira

      "J.D. Kotrla-Chipps" <jdkc@...> wrote:
      Same with me

      JD

      Debbie Ondrasek wrote:
      Depending on how much they would charge for the copies, I might interested.

      Debbie

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Lois Petter Pereira
    • Laura Bohac
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
        I would be interested. What is the cost?

        Laura b

        --- Steve <salvarez4@...> wrote:

        > I would be interested, put it would depend on the
        > cost.
        >

        > Steve
        >

        > _____

        =Czech+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101
        > &.sig=pOMKzZDB_7r9LQAn5Pj2Eg> glass bead
        >
        > Czech

        +bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig=
        > PFfL-fawXSyI56VBHQeUXw> bead
        >
        > Czech

        h+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig
        > =CfO9-2glJd8nhHG0waRxyg> glass
        >

        > Learn

        h+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig
        > =daVHKxb7PkZ5NkPXlkDetg> czech
        >
        > Czech

        === message truncated ===
      • EnrteWith1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
          I would be interested in purchasing a copy.

          Bill
        • Lolly
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
            Folks, I've had several responses to the possibility of obtaining
            a video tape of the "History of Emigration to Texas" program
            from you. I'll have to get back to you about this. I hope I
            haven't painted myself into a corner. :-)

            A major issue which needs to be addressed is compliance with
            copyright laws. If those broadcasts are copyrighted, permission
            would have to be obtained before they can be reproduced.

            I have written to Mr. Jiri Unruh, as suggested by Mr. Honner.
            I will let you know what develops.

            Thanks to all of you who responded.

            Lolly Petter Pilgrim
            Dear Mr. Unruh,

            I recently contacted Mr. John Honner (see copy below
            followed by his response) about the possibility of obtaining
            a video of the serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas "",
            Parts 1- 7. As you can see by my description below, I
            am particularly interested in this series because my family is
            represented in the photo in Part 1. Several other fellow
            Texas Czechs have expressed a desire to obtain a video tape
            of this program also.

            According to Mr. Honner, a video tape can be made if
            there are at least ten requests for such. Can you quote a
            price (per tape), plus shipping and handling, and a delivery
            time frame? Also, to whom should such a request be
            addressed?

            If you cannot supply video tapes, is the material copyrighted?
            If it is not copyrighted, may we have permission to reproduce
            it ourselves?

            Thank you,

            Laura Petter Pilgrim
            mailto:lollie@...

            Is the TV serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas :" (Parts 1 through 7)
            available in video tape format? If so, I would very much like to order a
            copy and send you payment due upon your response.

            I discovered this very day that you have a photo on the ad for 'Part 1' of
            my grandfather's family! This is a photo of my grandfather, Frank Petter,
            holding his son, Frank Petter, Jr. (my father) and my grandmother, Amalie
            Kupcak Petter holding my uncle, Henry Petter. The three children in front
            are my aunts, Anita and Carrie, and another uncle, Julius. I wonder where
            you obtained the photo? I suspect it was taken from the 2004 Czech
            Heritage
            Calendar produced by the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center, Inc.
            ( TCHCC ) in La Grange, TX as I sent the photo in for publication in
            the calendar.

            Please let me know as soon as possible, if I can get this TV serial
            on video tape as I am the coordinator for a family reunion scheduled
            for April 30, and would like to show the film to my relatives at that
            time. What a grand surprise that,would be! I downloaded Part 1 on a
            disk as I only have dial-up connection.

            Your web site is great! I wish we could get your TV station broadcasts
            here in Texas!

            Sincerely,
            Laura Petter Pilgrim
            Mr. Honner's reply:

            Dear Madam, Czech-American TV is a non for profit and we working like
            vulenteers . My self i have to first translate your email to Czech.
            You ask about obtain Tape. Sorry, we do not producing tapes. We have
            not technic for this. We have not enough donations for this. If will
            more peole what want tis tape (minimum 10) we will go to service and
            we will let do them tapes with profesional quality. If you know
            minimum 10 people we do copy for you. This movie serial (7 parts) was
            made also vulenteerly by producer Jiri Unruh from Czech Republic who
            visit texas couple years ago. Our Czech-American TV team help put
            there english speach and english text. If you looking where Mr. Unruh
            find this pictures, you have to ask him, maybe he will remember where.
            His email is tvart@...
            Thanks John Honner
          • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
              Another thing that needs to be addressed is the cost.  Can you find that out too?

              Thanks,

              JD

            • sylviajean12@cs.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
                I also may be interested depending on the price?

                SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY