RE: [TexasCzechs] "History of Emigration To Texas" by CATV

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1 9:39 PM

      I would be interested, put it would depend on the cost.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2 6:06 AM
        Depending on how much they would charge for the copies, I might interested.

        Debbie

        Would some of you be interested in buying a video of  the
        TV serial,  "History Of Emigration to Texas" Parts 1 thru 7?
        I e-mailed the TV station in Chicago and below is the response
        I got.  The photo I have referred to is almost at the bottom of the
        web page at http://www.catvherald.com/index.html.  If  I
        understood Mr. Honner correctly , if ten people each agree to buy
        a copy of the video of  this program they will then have them made.
        Correct me if I have misunderstood him.  Thanks.

        Lolly Petter Pilgrim
        Houston, TX

        Re: To John Honner
        From:
        "CATV" <hlasatel@...>
        Date:
        Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:49:46 -0600
        To:
[...]

      • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2 6:40 AM
          Same with me

          JD

          Debbie Ondrasek wrote:
          Depending on how much they would charge for the copies, I might interested.

          Debbie

        • Lois Petter Pereira
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2 6:49 AM
            Lolly, same with me....lois petter pereira

            "J.D. Kotrla-Chipps" <jdkc@...> wrote:
            Same with me

            JD

            Debbie Ondrasek wrote:
            Depending on how much they would charge for the copies, I might interested.

            Debbie

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Lois Petter Pereira
          • Laura Bohac
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2 6:58 AM
              I would be interested. What is the cost?

              Laura b

              --- Steve <salvarez4@...> wrote:

              > I would be interested, put it would depend on the
              > cost.
              >

              > Steve
              >

              > _____

              =Czech+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101
              > &.sig=pOMKzZDB_7r9LQAn5Pj2Eg> glass bead
              >
              > Czech

              +bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig=
              > PFfL-fawXSyI56VBHQeUXw> bead
              >
              > Czech

              h+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig
              > =CfO9-2glJd8nhHG0waRxyg> glass
              >

              > Learn

              h+bead&w3=Czech+glass&w4=Learn+czech&w5=Czech+travel&w6=Czech&c=6&s=101&.sig
              > =daVHKxb7PkZ5NkPXlkDetg> czech
              >
              > Czech

              === message truncated ===
            • EnrteWith1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2 7:56 AM
                I would be interested in purchasing a copy.

                Bill
              • Lolly
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2 11:04 AM
                  Folks, I've had several responses to the possibility of obtaining
                  a video tape of the "History of Emigration to Texas" program
                  from you. I'll have to get back to you about this. I hope I
                  haven't painted myself into a corner. :-)

                  A major issue which needs to be addressed is compliance with
                  copyright laws. If those broadcasts are copyrighted, permission
                  would have to be obtained before they can be reproduced.

                  I have written to Mr. Jiri Unruh, as suggested by Mr. Honner.
                  I will let you know what develops.

                  Thanks to all of you who responded.

                  Lolly Petter Pilgrim
                  Dear Mr. Unruh,

                  I recently contacted Mr. John Honner (see copy below
                  followed by his response) about the possibility of obtaining
                  a video of the serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas "",
                  Parts 1- 7. As you can see by my description below, I
                  am particularly interested in this series because my family is
                  represented in the photo in Part 1. Several other fellow
                  Texas Czechs have expressed a desire to obtain a video tape
                  of this program also.

                  According to Mr. Honner, a video tape can be made if
                  there are at least ten requests for such. Can you quote a
                  price (per tape), plus shipping and handling, and a delivery
                  time frame? Also, to whom should such a request be
                  addressed?

                  If you cannot supply video tapes, is the material copyrighted?
                  If it is not copyrighted, may we have permission to reproduce
                  it ourselves?

                  Thank you,

                  Laura Petter Pilgrim
                  mailto:lollie@...

                  Is the TV serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas :" (Parts 1 through 7)
                  available in video tape format? If so, I would very much like to order a
                  copy and send you payment due upon your response.

                  I discovered this very day that you have a photo on the ad for 'Part 1' of
                  my grandfather's family! This is a photo of my grandfather, Frank Petter,
                  holding his son, Frank Petter, Jr. (my father) and my grandmother, Amalie
                  Kupcak Petter holding my uncle, Henry Petter. The three children in front
                  are my aunts, Anita and Carrie, and another uncle, Julius. I wonder where
                  you obtained the photo? I suspect it was taken from the 2004 Czech
                  Heritage
                  Calendar produced by the Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center, Inc.
                  ( TCHCC ) in La Grange, TX as I sent the photo in for publication in
                  the calendar.

                  Please let me know as soon as possible, if I can get this TV serial
                  on video tape as I am the coordinator for a family reunion scheduled
                  for April 30, and would like to show the film to my relatives at that
                  time. What a grand surprise that,would be! I downloaded Part 1 on a
                  disk as I only have dial-up connection.

                  Your web site is great! I wish we could get your TV station broadcasts
                  here in Texas!

                  Sincerely,
                  Laura Petter Pilgrim
                  Mr. Honner's reply:

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2 11:28 AM
                    Another thing that needs to be addressed is the cost.  Can you find that out too?

                    Thanks,

                    JD

                  • sylviajean12@cs.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 2 3:54 PM
                      I also may be interested depending on the price?

                      SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY