Geanealogy

  • Diane Baldwin
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      I was going to tell everyone in case you don't know but if you go to www.usgenweb.com this gives you all the states to look up and when you go to that state you can pick the county or town you are looking for and you get the county webpage where you can do lookups or post questions etc....

      Diane
    • Pam Cain
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006

        http://www.censusfinder.com/

        Here is another link I’ve used. Not all counties are equally developed, but it kept me occupied one Saturday, and I lucked out with some bios on some of my (non-Czech) groups.

        Pam

        I was going to tell everyone in case you don't know but if you go to www.usgenweb.com this gives you all the states to look up and when you go to that state you can pick the county or town you are looking for and you get the county webpage where you can do lookups or post questions etc....

        Diane

      • Jan
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006

          Is anyone familiar with adopting children from the Czech Republic?  Thanks.

        • Loretta Wotipka-Riely
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
            I am also wanting information about adopting children from the Czech Republic.

          • Andikat@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
              I'm familiar with adopting a child from Guatemala as a single person.  If I come across anything on adopting from CR, I'll post it.  My guess is that they don't do very many adoptions though...

              Andrea

              Jan <toni@...> wrote:
              Is anyone familiar with adopting children from the Czech Republic?  Thanks.
            • frenstatczech1954
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
                I typed in Adoptions of Czech Children and it brought up

                http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?
                encquery=c30b9362deb4a5decf7cefa518de1aaca279a38afd985b7f7a92e914598b125
                4&invocationType=keyword_rollover&ie=UTF-8

                this will take you to several other sites to look at.
                Bernadette Polansky
              • Jan
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 7, 2006

                  If I hear anything new, I’ll let you know!

                  Jan

                  !

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 7, 2006

                    Thanks for the info everyone.  Seems like it is pretty conclusive that there are very limited adoptions out of the CR……

                  • Andikat@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 7, 2006
                      There are other countries currently doing adoptions.  My son is from Guatemala and I sometimes smile thinking of his beautiful brown skin and dark eyes and Czech last name :-)  I would love to adopt from there again.

                      Andrea Novak