Records for a Fayette County marriage in 1884?

  • Richard Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      Can someone tell me where I would find marriage records for Fayette County for a marriage taking place in 1884?  I know that some older records moved to storage/maintenance in locations other than their place of origin.

      Thank you,
      Richard
    • Cindy Neal
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Fayette County Clerk
        151 N. Washington St.
        La Grange, TX 78945-2657
        409-968-3251

        The county clerk has birth and death records from 1903; marriage, probate
        and land records from 1838. District court has divorce records from 1838.

        Cindy

          Can someone tell me where I would find marriage records for Fayette County
          for a marriage taking place in 1884? I know that some older records moved
          to storage/maintenance in locations other than their place of origin.

          Thank you,
          Richard

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/