FW: Polka bands taping in RoundTop, Texas

  • Cindy Neal
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2006
      Message
      I watch this show on RFD TV Saturday nights.  He usually records from Nebraska but is taping our great Texas polka bands live at Round Top (near La Grange).

      You can check it out at www.polkacatalog.com

      Jean Fisher

    • Tony Janak
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 24, 2006
        Hi: Cindy
        Our band will be one of the 40 band that be in Round Top recording
        for Big Joe Show, I have the complete line up of all the Texas band
        on our web site time,date, hr. in February 16-17-18-19
        just click on events

        Tony Janak

        You can check it out at www.polkacatalog.com

        Jean Fisher

      • Tony Janak

          You can check it out at www.polkacatalog.com

          Jean Fisher

        • Ludwick & Shirley Kurtz
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 25, 2006
            Tony,

            Thanks for your web sites address.  Enjoyed looking at it and found the link to the Shiner Hobo Band.  My Uncle Jim Fric used to play with them and I was lucky to see them a couple of times when visiting Texas.

            Ludwig
            In Cooold Southwestern Virginia
          • Tony Janak
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
              Hi Shirley & Ludwick
              Your Uncle Jim Fric, Helped us out in 1986 when our band played
              at Morvian Hall in C.C. Texas, He was a lot of fun. Are you kin
              to the Kurtz in Shiner ? Like Rudy Kurtz Orch, he also had a son
              that played with Bill Muras Orch in Houston Tex
              Great Bands
              Tony

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 26, 2006
                Tony,
                Yes, Rudy Kurtz, Sr. was my Dad's brother, so Rudy, Jr. is my cousin.  Yes, Jim Fric was a character he always kept us  entertained when visiting.  I was born in Shiner, my parents were Emil and Rosie (Fric) Kurtz, s/o John (Jan) and Aloisia (Hlavik) Kurtz.  So, the answer to your question is yes, they all are. <VBG>

                The whole Rudy Kurtz family seemed to be musically inclined, unfortuntely I did not get any of those genes.

                Ludwig
              • map944
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 28, 2006
                  My husband's band, the New Braunfels Village Brass Band will be
                  playing there on Sunday, Feb.19 around 2 in the afternoon. They
                  play Czech music from the late 1800s and early 1900s. Hope to see
                  some of you there. It should be a lot of fun.

                  Mary Ann Jiral Pittman

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Cindy Neal" <cindyneal@e...>
                  wrote:

                  > I watch this show on RFD TV Saturday nights. He usually records
                  from
                  > Nebraska but is taping our great Texas polka bands live at Round
                  Top (near
                  > La Grange).

                  1/20/2006

                • Leroy Janda
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 29, 2006
                    Mary Ann,

                    Email me ljanda@...

                    wrote:

                    I watch this show on RFD TV Saturday nights.  He usually records

                    from

                    Nebraska but is taping our great Texas polka bands live at Round

                    Top (near

                    La Grange).

                    The Big Joe's Polka Show is coming to Round Top Texas for a taping

                    February

                    16-17-18-19, 2006 12 noon till 10 PM

                    There will be ten bands playing per day for at least one hour each.

                    You can check it out at HYPERLINK
                    "http://www.polkacatalog.com"www.polkacatalog.com

                    Jean Fisher

                    1/20/2006

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Leroy Janda
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 29, 2006
                      Julie,

                      Was that the Judy Lux from school?
                    • Julie Matus
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 29, 2006
                        Yes, it was.  She graduated in '69.  Sad, isn't it?  I did not make it to her services.  I had back surgery on the 9th and did not think I should push it by taking a two hour trip there and back in one day.  We drove out to Caldwell today for a Herzik Reunion Planning Meeting and back home and that really tired me out.  Too much sitting.  When we came home, we walked around the block just to stretch out.

                        later, jam

                        Julie & Wes Matus

                        Researching:
                        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala