OBIT: Alex C. Galetka

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2006
      The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
      Alex C. Galetka - HALLETTSVILLE

      Sunday, January 15, 2006

      HALLETTSVILLE - Alex C. Galetka, 79, of Hallettsville, died Friday, Jan. 13, 2006.

      He was born Feb. 20, 1926, in Lavaca County, to the late Charles and Antonia Trlica Galetka. He was a member of Vsetin Czech Moravian Brethren Church, SPJST, American Legion, and VFW. He was a veteran of World War II. He received the American Theater Campaign Ribbon, Asiatic Pacific Campaign Ribbon, Philippine Liberation Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, Army of Occupation Ribbon (Japan), Victory Ribbon, and one Overseas Service Bar.

      Survivors: sisters, Helen Zak, Dorothy Henneke, and Margaret Haase, all of Hallettsville.

      Preceded in death by: wife, Ella Klimitchek Galetka.

      Visitation will be noon Monday at Vsetin Czech Moravian Brethren Church.

      Services will be 2 p.m. Monday at the church, the Rev. Henry Beseda officiating.

      Burial will be at Vsetin Cemetery. Kubena Funeral Home, Hallettsville, 361-798-3271.

      Memorials: In lieu of flowers, Alex Galetka's Fund.

    • darlenbaker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2006
        Does anyone out there have any info on this person?  I think his mother may be someone I have been looking for.

        Thanks

        Darlene Baker