Re: [TexasCzechs] Happy New Year

  • Roland Beausoleil
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
      Aimee,

          You're right, using a subject with the phrase [TexasCzechs] in my filter should work all the time and I'll try that. My method of looking for 'TexasCzechs@...' in the 'TO' field worked about 99% of the time because most people sending a message to a list only send it to that list and don't BCC it.

          Thanks for the info. I knew about the BCC option but didn't make the connection to the 'undisclosed recipients' title in the 'TO' field of the expanded address.

             Roland Beausoleil

      teddybear99@... wrote:

      Undisclosed recipients means that the sender BCC’ed all recipients of the email instead of putting them in the TO: field.  This is the correct way to do email to masses, as it uncouth to display everyone in the world’s email address that you sent a message to.  If you send them all by BCC it arrives at the intended recipients but does not show all those email addresses to everyone else who receives the email.  Thus cutting down on people picking up your email address that you don’t know.

      If you want your filters to work… set it up by subject.  Set the filter to say.. if the phrase [TexasCzechs] is in the subject, then allow.  This will catch all of this list-serv’s emails.

      Aimee

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2008
        That's great, but how do you pronounce SHATYAHST in English?  My tongue doesn't go that way and I can't even begin to come up with a way to break it down.  Could you try to break that down a bit so we could use our English recognizing brains to find a way to pronounce it?  I got the "neeeeee No-veeee ROK" part.

        Nan

        Happy New Year in Czech is "st'astny novy rok." (There are two "t's"
        in "st'astny".) With the little hooks and accent marks it looks like
        this, if your computer can display it properly:

        št'astný nový rok! (pronounced SHTYAHST-neeee NO-veeee ROK)

        .

      • Nangotoo
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008

          And this is pronounced how?

          Nan

          Hi
          This what it is supposed to look like Štˇastný Nový Rok.

          Darwin

          .