Re: [TexasCzechs] Happy New Year

  • G. R. Bohuslav
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
      J.D.:  It might help if you explain how you have set up "undisclosed receipients" in your address book.  I am sure many are not aware of how that is done.

      Gilbert

      "J.D. Kotrla-Chipps" <jdkc@...> wrote:
      I sent a New Year greeting to many addressees, TexasCzech being one.  With all my multiple postings I send them "bcc" instead of "To"

      Does that explain what you saw on your end?

      JD

      Roland Beausoleil wrote:
      Hi J.D.

          I've been trying to setup some filters to keep all my spam email from going into my inbox. With Netscape I was able to say 'accept any mail if the sender is in my address book'.

          In the case of the TexasCzechs group I wasn't able to do that because the TexasCzechs listserver puts the individual email address in the senders field instead of 'TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com so I had to set up a special filter that said 'If the 'TO' address is TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com accept the email into my inbox. This has been working fine until I received this email from you. I looked at the 'TO' field and instead of saying TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com it said 'undisclosed recipients'. Could you tell me if you are doing special to make this happen?

          Thanks,

             Roland Beausoleil

      J.D. Kotrla-Chipps wrote:

      http://web.icq.com/friendship /swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

      --   DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)

      --   DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • teddybear99@sicembears.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006

        Gilbert

        JD and I had both explained how this was done already.

        When typing in email addresses, put them in the BCC: field instead of the TO: field.

        J.D. Kotrla-Chipps wrote:

        http://web.icq.com/friendship /swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

        --   DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)

        --   DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
          Gilbert,
          When you send e-mail to someone you type their address in the "To" field, this field also has other options you can choose, (click on the box, and a drop down menu will appear with all the choices), To:, Cc:, Bcc:, etc

          It's not set up in the address book, but rather on the blank e-mail form.

          Hope this helps.

          JD

          --
          DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)
        • Roland Beausoleil
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
            Aimee,

                You're right, using a subject with the phrase [TexasCzechs] in my filter should work all the time and I'll try that. My method of looking for 'TexasCzechs@...' in the 'TO' field worked about 99% of the time because most people sending a message to a list only send it to that list and don't BCC it.

                Thanks for the info. I knew about the BCC option but didn't make the connection to the 'undisclosed recipients' title in the 'TO' field of the expanded address.

                   Roland Beausoleil

            teddybear99@... wrote:

            Undisclosed recipients means that the sender BCC’ed all recipients of the email instead of putting them in the TO: field.  This is the correct way to do email to masses, as it uncouth to display everyone in the world’s email address that you sent a message to.  If you send them all by BCC it arrives at the intended recipients but does not show all those email addresses to everyone else who receives the email.  Thus cutting down on people picking up your email address that you don’t know.

            If you want your filters to work… set it up by subject.  Set the filter to say.. if the phrase [TexasCzechs] is in the subject, then allow.  This will catch all of this list-serv’s emails.

            Aimee

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2008
              That's great, but how do you pronounce SHATYAHST in English?  My tongue doesn't go that way and I can't even begin to come up with a way to break it down.  Could you try to break that down a bit so we could use our English recognizing brains to find a way to pronounce it?  I got the "neeeeee No-veeee ROK" part.

              Nan

              Happy New Year in Czech is "st'astny novy rok." (There are two "t's"
              in "st'astny".) With the little hooks and accent marks it looks like
              this, if your computer can display it properly:

              št'astný nový rok! (pronounced SHTYAHST-neeee NO-veeee ROK)

              .

            • Nangotoo
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008

                And this is pronounced how?

                Nan

                Hi
                This what it is supposed to look like Štˇastný Nový Rok.

                Darwin

                .