RE: [TexasCzechs] Happy New Year

  • teddybear99@sicembears.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006

      Undisclosed recipients means that the sender BCC’ed all recipients of the email instead of putting them in the TO: field.  This is the correct way to do email to masses, as it uncouth to display everyone in the world’s email address that you sent a message to.  If you send them all by BCC it arrives at the intended recipients but does not show all those email addresses to everyone else who receives the email.  Thus cutting down on people picking up your email address that you don’t know.

      If you want your filters to work… set it up by subject.  Set the filter to say.. if the phrase [TexasCzechs] is in the subject, then allow.  This will catch all of this list-serv’s emails.

      Aimee

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
          Absolutely correct Aimee!  That is exactly what happened.  In addition to the reasons you mentioned, it also foils "spam bots" which harvest multiple addresses.

          I feel it is a privacy violation to disclose e-mail addresses without prior permission, which will happen if all addressees are listed instead of blind copied, so I blind copy multiples.

          Hope everyone is enjoying the new year, looks like it's off to a good start.

          JD

          teddybear99@... wrote:

          Undisclosed recipients means that the sender BCC’ed all recipients of the email instead of putting them in the TO: field.  This is the correct way to do email to masses, as it uncouth to display everyone in the world’s email address that you sent a message to.  If you send them all by BCC it arrives at the intended recipients but does not show all those email addresses to everyone else who receives the email.  Thus cutting down on people picking up your email address that you don’t know.

          If you want your filters to work… set it up by subject.  Set the filter to say.. if the phrase [TexasCzechs] is in the subject, then allow.  This will catch all of this list-serv’s emails.

          Aimee

          --
          DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)
        • G. R. Bohuslav
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
            J.D.:  It might help if you explain how you have set up "undisclosed receipients" in your address book.  I am sure many are not aware of how that is done.

            Gilbert

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • teddybear99@sicembears.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006

              Gilbert

              JD and I had both explained how this was done already.

              When typing in email addresses, put them in the BCC: field instead of the TO: field.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
                Gilbert,
                When you send e-mail to someone you type their address in the "To" field, this field also has other options you can choose, (click on the box, and a drop down menu will appear with all the choices), To:, Cc:, Bcc:, etc

                It's not set up in the address book, but rather on the blank e-mail form.

                Hope this helps.

                JD

                G. R. Bohuslav wrote:
                J.D.:  It might help if you explain how you have set up "undisclosed receipients" in your address book.  I am sure many are not aware of how that is done.

                Gilbert

                --
                DISCLAIMER- (http://woptura.com/disclaimer.html)
              • Roland Beausoleil
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Aimee,

                      You're right, using a subject with the phrase [TexasCzechs] in my filter should work all the time and I'll try that. My method of looking for 'TexasCzechs@...' in the 'TO' field worked about 99% of the time because most people sending a message to a list only send it to that list and don't BCC it.

                      Thanks for the info. I knew about the BCC option but didn't make the connection to the 'undisclosed recipients' title in the 'TO' field of the expanded address.

                         Roland Beausoleil

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 2, 2008
                    That's great, but how do you pronounce SHATYAHST in English?  My tongue doesn't go that way and I can't even begin to come up with a way to break it down.  Could you try to break that down a bit so we could use our English recognizing brains to find a way to pronounce it?  I got the "neeeeee No-veeee ROK" part.

                    Nan

                    Happy New Year in Czech is "st'astny novy rok." (There are two "t's"
                    in "st'astny".) With the little hooks and accent marks it looks like
                    this, if your computer can display it properly:

                    št'astný nový rok! (pronounced SHTYAHST-neeee NO-veeee ROK)

                    .

                  • Nangotoo
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008

                      And this is pronounced how?

                      Nan

                      Hi
                      This what it is supposed to look like Štˇastný Nový Rok.

                      Darwin

                      .