Re: [TexasCzechs] Online Census Research Suggestions

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2005
      I totally agree with Matt. I use Ancestry and most of them are set up to search other names in the family and not just the head of the family. I pick out a first name that is not so common and just put in the first name and state and you will have a lot of hits but these hits are in alphabetical order so you can quickly go through them. I also think about the Czech pronunciation and how would a non-Czech would  spell it back thenBetween my family and my daughter's in-laws I just search the individual counties  (very time consuming). ..lois petter pereira

      Matt Cross <lennonluv@...> wrote:
      Since we have been discussing the difficulty of researching with Czech
      surnames, I thought it would be good to begin sharing tips and suggestions
      about doing census research online using Ancestry, Heritage Quest Online,
      and other services.

      One tip that I have tried is to limit your search to the state and county
      and then include only the person's given name since surnames are more often
      misspelled than the given names.

      Matt Cross
      lennonluv@...

      Lois Petter Pereira