Washichek

  • vcamarillo2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 26, 2005
      Debra,

      I found a John Washichek on the 1910 Census in Oklahoma. If you would
      like to see it let me know. I have access to Ancestry's census records

      Veronica
    • Debra Monsive
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 26, 2005
        Veronica,
        I was asking Susan if she had done any census work on her Washichek family, I am also willing to do lookups if she hasn't already done so. I too found her family on the 1910 in Oklahoma.
        Debra

        vcamarillo2001 <vcamarillo2001@...> wrote:
        Debra,

        I found a John  Washichek on the 1910 Census in Oklahoma. If you would
        like to see it let me know. I have access to Ancestry's census records

        Veronica

        Debra L. Stiff Monsive
        Cottage Grove, OR  97424

        Yahoo! Photos

      • Susan Hurst

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 27, 2005
              Found many different spellings to this name in the census records. Yes I found the before and after spellings.  Thank you.  Is this a difficult lanuage to learn?

              Janecek <janecek@...> wrote:
[...]

              Yahoo! Shopping
            • Txmom
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 27, 2005
                OK, I followed this thread and started searching for my grandmother's family under different spellings.... I always thought her maiden name was Pycz but there are a lot more Peaches and Pychs and such.  Can anyone offer another spelling for a name sounding like Peach that would be Austrian/Polish/Czech?

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 27, 2005
                  I know someone in Dallas that spells their name Pietsch and it is pronounced Peach.

                  Diane

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 27, 2005
                    In Washichek the CH was a C with the hacek.  But there is also a CH in Czech which is treated like one letter or sound and is pronounced like a Q.  Also J is changed to Y so if you see a Y in a Czech name it may be a J which is pronounced like a Y.  Otec Beda

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
                      My Great aunt was married to Ed Washichek who came from Oklahoma. Does his name show on the census?
                      J. Rebecek