Re:[TexasCzechs] surname question

  • Martina Morrisová
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005
      Hallo Mary,

      In Czech language, we usually give various endings to nouns (and also verbs etc). It depends on the position of the noun in the sentence, on the preposition... Konecny is a basic male form of the surname. Konecna is basic female form. So your great grandfather was Konecny, your great grandmother was Konecna. In sentences you could also find Konecneho, Konecnou, Konecne, Konecnemu....

      That is why Czech language is so difficult to learn.

      Martina Morris