Re: [TexasCzechs] Member Map

  • Peggy McPeak
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
      Cindy:
         Is there a way to edit the Shout Out? If so, how?

      Cindy Neal <cindyneal@...> wrote:
      I have just created a Frapper map at http://www.frappr.com/texasczechs and added my location and surnames.  If you'd like to be included, just go to the link and add yourself.  I created the map for the state of Texas only, but if there are members from other states who'd like to be added, write me and I will enlarge the map to include other states.  I think it will be fun to see where everyone is from and create a visual of where the Czechs live.

      Cindy Neal

      Yahoo! Shopping

    • Nangotoo
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
        Cindy,

        I'm in CA.  Could you add that state?  Surely, there are more Czechs than my sister, my mom and I in this state.   Right now, I can't even SEE the map of TX you put up there, nor can I find where you put it.  I even joined the site tonight with a password and everything, but I still can't find the map.  It doesn't even list the map in the map site and it says that I didn't join any map.  Huh? Is that because I don't live in TX?  I'm really confused right now.

        Nan

        --
      • Cindy Neal
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
          Message
          Nan, I expanded the map to include the whole US right after I set it up and realized we had California members.  You are showing up on the map.  You have not added any comments, just your name and location.  I'm curious what browser you are using.  Is it Internet Explorer or Netscape?  I don't know if that will make any difference, but you are doing something different from what most of us are, or you would be seeing the map.

          I suggest you go to the site again and do a "refresh" (normally pressing your F5 function key).  See if that brings it up.  It does take a while to load now that we have so many members, so be sure to give it a couple of minutes.  Let me know if this helped at all.

        • MistRaven@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
            In a message dated 12/6/2005 2:15:37 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, nangotoo@... writes:
            Cindy,

            I'm in CA.  Could you add that state?  Surely, there are more Czechs than my sister, my mom and I in this state.   Right now, I can't even SEE the map of TX you put up there, nor can I find where you put it.  I even joined the site tonight with a password and everything, but I still can't find the map.  It doesn't even list the map in the map site and it says that I didn't join any map.  Huh? Is that because I don't live in TX?  I'm really confused right now.

            Nan
            It's there.  I'm in Southern CA and I registered.  You are NOT the Czech in CA!

            Blessings,
            ~Stacy A Chadwick
            _______________________________________
            There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -- Edith Wharton
          • Jeanette Hurwitz
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2005
              You tell her cousin. There are a few of us Czechs and Moravians in
              California. Our people came here from Texas.

              Good yule!

              C-ya,
              Jeanette
              Antioch, CA

              Danchak, Dusek, Marek, Silar, Balcar and others
            • Nangotoo
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 8, 2005
                Message
                Cindy,

                I'm using IE.  I didn't add any comments as far as I can remember because I couldn't think of anything to add right now..  I tried refreshing and it didn't work.  I still can't see the map.  I gave it quite awhile every time I've tried, but I will try it again.  Thanks.

                Nan