surname question

  • Txmom
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
       On various documents, my great grandfather's (and his wife's) surname is spelled different ways.

      In US they were Konecny

      I also see Konecnou, and Konecna.... explanations?

      Mary

    • Richard A Garza
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        Hi Mary,
        The US spelling you have (with the addition of a hacek here and a
        carka there) is the true spelling. The other two examples you show are
        grammatical forms. For example, the name "Jan Hus" might show up in a
        sentence as "Jana Husa." Drives you crazy, doesn't it?
        Rick Garza
        Bellaire TX