Obit Section

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005

      For those interested, I am down to “J” and “P” on reworking the Obit Section.

      Which is about 550 of them.  At the current rate of 50 a day when I can work on it

      I figure somewhere within the next couple of weeks I should be done.  After finishing I

      will take a break for the holidays,  I’ll start in January, on the obits which I have saved since

      my father had became ill before his passing..

      Steve

    • Diane Baldwin

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
          >>Thanks for taking the time to do all of that.  I really
          appreciate it.  I read all the obits, regardless, if I know the people are not.<<

          Ditto.  Steve I really appreciate you and all of the time you take with the obits.   I have found several family members that way that I normally wouldn't have known about.

          Nan
        • Lois Petter Pereira
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005
            I can remember when you started. We hit 50 and thought wow. Then you set a goal of 500 and it seemed like too much. Sir John and I hurrahed you but who knew you would exceed your goal. Now look at it. It is a great site. Between your and Rick Garza's site there is a lot of info out there. Oh yes and don't forget our storyteller, she has a lot of things written that is great. I am glad things are getting somewhat normal for you but remember when you lose a parent there is great sadness but then comes the time when you start remembering little things they said or did and there is solace in that.  Hope you and yours have a great holiday and get rested up choo choo because I have a years worth of Fayette County Record that will be coming your way in the new year too.......lois petter pereira
            Steve <salvarez4@...> wrote:
            For those interested, I am down to “J” and “P” on reworking the Obit Section.
            Which is about 550 of them.  At the current rate of 50 a day when I can work on it
            I figure somewhere within the next couple of weeks I should be done.  After finishing I
            will take a break for the holidays,  I’ll start in January, on the obits which I have saved since
            my father had became ill before his passing..

            Steve

            Lois Petter Pereira
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005

              I hope using Frontpage to do the basic coding will speed up the process and make things easier, plus be

              less time consuming. You made me smile, it has been a long time since I have heard the nickname Choo Choo

              I guess I’ll take a deep breath in Jan. and say to myself, here we go again.  LOL

              Steve

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 27, 2005

                The obit section is cleaned up and now located at:  http://www.rootsweb.com/~txbhs/

                I doubt the site will stay at this link, but it will do for now. I kinda fudged to rootsweb, so I could get a banner free site.

                And I know I will have to move it later on.  The obit section on my site will be removed within the next day or so.

                I have sent Freefind to spider the index of this new website.   Some may notice a 208 obit decrease in the total.

                I have put the obits of the same person, but different newspaper in the same webpage.  This is what caused

                the decrease.  I have already started working on adding new obits to our obit section.  And have worked up about

                80 of them, but I have not uploaded them yet.

                Steve