Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Books: Czech Family Histories from TCGS

  • Laura Bohac
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
      Do you know if there were will be any further
      reprintings of the TCGS"s Czech Family Histories Book?
      I am new to this website and just found out about the
      book. I grew up in Granger, Texas. I know that all
      of my immediate descendants came from Moravia or
      Bohemia in the 1800"s and am anxious to learn more.

      Laura Vitek Bohac

      --- sylviajean12@... wrote:

      > I'd like to address the many questions that are
      > being asked about the
      > availability of TCGS's Czech Family Histories Book
      > that has just been distributed.
      > They are not available at CCCH in Houston. The only
      > books they have at CCCH
      > are for those people that ordered the books
      > indicating they would like to "pick
      > them up in Houston". CCCH volunteered to be the
      > point of distribution for
      > those wishing to pick their books up there. There
      > are no extra books at that
      > location. There are many other cities where people
      > are picking them up.
      >
      > We had 500 sets printed based on advanced sales.
      > The rules regarding
      > submission of stories and the subsequent sale of the
      > books were published in local
      > papers, the SPJST Vestnik, and others. The
      > guidelines for articles were
      > available on our web site. Participation was open
      > to non-members, as well as
      > members. In lieu of membership, some non-members
      > elected to pay a fee for submission
      > instead.
      >
      > The 500 sets we had published are SOLD OUT. We are
      > awaiting 30 over run
      > sets. Please watch our website for arrival of the
      > 30 additional book sets. A
      > number of those have already been sold as well.
      >
      > SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY

    • Steve

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2005

          Great Books, Great Stories and Great Jobs to those who put them together.  That was a lot of time spent!

          So when can we expect Volumes 3 and 4?

        • sylviajean12@cs.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2005
            TCGS plans to officially kick off its Volume 3 at its annual meeting in Caldwell on the 21st of January.

            Thanks for your interest.

            SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY