Re: [TexasCzechs] Thank you

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hi Rosemary -

      I'm very sorry about your Mom's passing.  I still miss my Mom who passed away almost 2 years ago.  We had a terrible loss in 1992 - our 14 year old son was killed by a drunk 19 year old.  Just the other night I was sitting on the couch, looked at Stephen's picture, felt like his eyes were just looking right at me and I got all teary-eyed.  You really never get over the loss of a child - you just get adjusted to the fact they are no longer with you on this earth.  It is very hard to accept.  I talk to him, pray to him, I know he can hear us all.  When our family gets together, there is always a hole, someone missing.  He always sat by me in church and that was the hardest thing for me to get used to - not having him by me.  We had four children and we always all went to church together.  When we had our grandbaby baptized this year, our whole family with spouses or significant others sat in one pew and I noticed there was space for one more person - I whispered to my husband that was for Stephen, then I could not keep my eyes dry.  I just have to take comfort in the fact that Stephen is now in heaven - he received his reward a little earlier than most people - it's just difficult on those left behind to deal with.

      Just always remember the good times with your lost loved ones - it will get you through - and rely on the good Lord and all your family and friends to see you through the difficult transition period.

      Take care, love, Julie

      Julie & Wes Matus
      Please reply to
      juwemat@...