Books: Czech Family Histories from TCGS

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005

      Received the 2 volume set Czech Family Histories: from TCGS, I have not read them yet, but have glanced thru them.

      They look to be worth the money. Let you know more later.

      Steve

    • texasjoe43
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
        Where can I find more information about this new set of books? I
        looked all over the TCGS website and found nothing. Was I looking in
        the wrong place?
        Thanks,
        Joe
        ps- I assume that TCGS is Texas Czech Genealogical Society
        (http://www.txczgs.org/)

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:

        > Received the 2 volume set Czech Family Histories: from TCGS, I
        have not read
        > them yet, but have glanced thru them.
        >
        > They look to be worth the money. Let you know more later.
        >

        > Steve

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
          Good question, I received a notice in the mail a couple of months
          ago. I'll see what I can find out. My wife ordered them for me.

          The books seem to be sent up in a format like the Books dealing
          with Fayetteville, (can't remember the name of them) A hard
          bound 2 volume set, I think they cost 75 dollars plus shipping.

          steve

          Where can I find more information about this new set of books? I
          looked all over the TCGS website and found nothing. Was I looking in
          the wrong place?
          Thanks,
          Joe
          ps- I assume that TCGS is Texas Czech Genealogical Society
          (http://www.txczgs.org/)

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:

          > Received the 2 volume set Czech Family Histories: from TCGS, I
          have not read
          > them yet, but have glanced thru them.
          >
          > They look to be worth the money. Let you know more later.
          >

          > Steve

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
            I found a letter they sent me awhile back. One of the pick up places
            for the books was at the Czech Cultural Center Houston, 713-528-2060
            Maybe you can call them and get more information.

            Steve

            Where can I find more information about this new set of books? I
            looked all over the TCGS website and found nothing. Was I looking in
            the wrong place?
            Thanks,
            Joe
            ps- I assume that TCGS is Texas Czech Genealogical Society
            (http://www.txczgs.org/)

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <salvarez4@h...> wrote:

            > Received the 2 volume set Czech Family Histories: from TCGS, I
            have not read
            > them yet, but have glanced thru them.
            >
            > They look to be worth the money. Let you know more later.
            >

            > Steve

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • sylviajean12@cs.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
              I'd like to address the many questions that are being asked about the availability of TCGS's Czech Family Histories Book that has just been distributed.  They are not available at CCCH in Houston.  The only books they have at CCCH are for those people that ordered the books indicating they would like to "pick them up in Houston".   CCCH volunteered to be the point of distribution for those wishing to pick their books up there.  There are no extra books at that location.  There are many other cities  where people are picking them up.

              We had 500 sets printed based on advanced sales.  The rules regarding submission of stories and the subsequent sale of the books were published in local papers, the SPJST Vestnik, and others.  The guidelines for articles were available on our web site.  Participation was open to non-members, as well as members.  In lieu of membership, some non-members elected to pay a fee for submission instead.

              The 500 sets we had published are SOLD OUT.  We are awaiting 30 over run sets.  Please watch our website for arrival of the 30 additional book sets.   A number of those have already been sold as well.

              SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY
            • Laura Bohac
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
                Do you know if there were will be any further
                reprintings of the TCGS"s Czech Family Histories Book?
                I am new to this website and just found out about the
                book. I grew up in Granger, Texas. I know that all
                of my immediate descendants came from Moravia or
                Bohemia in the 1800"s and am anxious to learn more.

                Laura Vitek Bohac

                --- sylviajean12@... wrote:

                > I'd like to address the many questions that are
                > being asked about the
                > availability of TCGS's Czech Family Histories Book
                > that has just been distributed.
                > They are not available at CCCH in Houston. The only
                > books they have at CCCH
                > are for those people that ordered the books
                > indicating they would like to "pick
                > them up in Houston". CCCH volunteered to be the
                > point of distribution for
                > those wishing to pick their books up there. There
                > are no extra books at that
                > location. There are many other cities where people
                > are picking them up.
                >
                > We had 500 sets printed based on advanced sales.
                > The rules regarding
                > submission of stories and the subsequent sale of the
                > books were published in local
                > papers, the SPJST Vestnik, and others. The
                > guidelines for articles were
                > available on our web site. Participation was open
                > to non-members, as well as
                > members. In lieu of membership, some non-members
                > elected to pay a fee for submission
                > instead.
                >
                > The 500 sets we had published are SOLD OUT. We are
                > awaiting 30 over run
                > sets. Please watch our website for arrival of the
                > 30 additional book sets. A
                > number of those have already been sold as well.
                >
                > SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY

              • Laura Bohac
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005

                  --- sylviajean12@... wrote:

                  > I'd like to address the many questions that are
                  > being asked about the
                  > availability of TCGS's Czech Family Histories Book
                  > that has just been distributed.
                  > They are not available at CCCH in Houston. The only
                  > books they have at CCCH
                  > are for those people that ordered the books
                  > indicating they would like to "pick
                  > them up in Houston". CCCH volunteered to be the
                  > point of distribution for
                  > those wishing to pick their books up there. There
                  > are no extra books at that
                  > location. There are many other cities where people
                  > are picking them up.
                  >
                  > We had 500 sets printed based on advanced sales.
                  > The rules regarding
                  > submission of stories and the subsequent sale of the
                  > books were published in local
                  > papers, the SPJST Vestnik, and others. The
                  > guidelines for articles were
                  > available on our web site. Participation was open
                  > to non-members, as well as
                  > members. In lieu of membership, some non-members
                  > elected to pay a fee for submission
                  > instead.
                  >
                  > The 500 sets we had published are SOLD OUT. We are
                  > awaiting 30 over run
                  > sets. Please watch our website for arrival of the
                  > 30 additional book sets. A
                  > number of those have already been sold as well.
                  >
                  > SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY

                • Steve

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 3, 2005

                      Great Books, Great Stories and Great Jobs to those who put them together.  That was a lot of time spent!

                      So when can we expect Volumes 3 and 4?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 4, 2005
                        TCGS plans to officially kick off its Volume 3 at its annual meeting in Caldwell on the 21st of January.

                        Thanks for your interest.

                        SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY