Member Map

  • Cindy Neal
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
      Message
      I have just created a Frapper map at http://www.frappr.com/texasczechs and added my location and surnames.  If you'd like to be included, just go to the link and add yourself.  I created the map for the state of Texas only, but if there are members from other states who'd like to be added, write me and I will enlarge the map to include other states.  I think it will be fun to see where everyone is from and create a visual of where the Czechs live.

      Cindy Neal

    • Laura Bohac
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
        I just entered my name for the Czech map, but the zip
        code I entered was incorrect. My zip code is 78613
        (Cedar Park, Tx), NOT Hondo,Tx. How can I correct the
        mistake?

        Laura Bohac

        "http://www.frappr.com/texasczechs"http://www.frappr.com/texasczechs
        > and
        > added my location and surnames. If you'd like to be
        > included, just go to
        > the link and add yourself. I created the map for
        > the state of Texas only,
        > but if there are members from other states who'd
        > like to be added, write me
        > and I will enlarge the map to include other states.
        > I think it will be fun
        > to see where everyone is from and create a visual of
        > where the Czechs live.
        >
        > Cindy Neal
        >
        > --
        > Release Date: 11/11/2005

      • Cindy Neal
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
          Laura, I don't see your information there. You must have decided how to
          delete yourself. You can now rejoin with the correct zip code.

          Cindy

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
            Cindy,

            Please add me to your list-outside of Texas .  I live in Modesto, CA , a former  Texan, and I am researching:
            Dusek
            Lopour (Lapour)
            Motl
            Cerveny
            among many others.

            Wanda Harbert

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
              Message
              I have sent Wanda an email letting her know she can add herself to the map now.  I have enlarged it to show all states.  If you still want to see the smaller area (Texas only), use the slider bar on the left of the screen and move it up to zoom in, and down to zoom out.

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 25, 2005
                Message
                If you haven't visited our member map at http://www.frappr.com/texasczechs please do so and join so you can share your surnames.  We've had some very nice photos added and now have 42 members who have shouted out.

                Cindy Neal

              • Peggy McPeak
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Cindy:
                     Is there a way to edit the Shout Out? If so, how?

                  Cindy Neal <cindyneal@...> wrote:
                  I have just created a Frapper map at http://www.frappr.com/texasczechs and added my location and surnames.  If you'd like to be included, just go to the link and add yourself.  I created the map for the state of Texas only, but if there are members from other states who'd like to be added, write me and I will enlarge the map to include other states.  I think it will be fun to see where everyone is from and create a visual of where the Czechs live.

                  Cindy Neal

                  Yahoo! Shopping

                • Nangotoo
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
                    Cindy,

                    I'm in CA.  Could you add that state?  Surely, there are more Czechs than my sister, my mom and I in this state.   Right now, I can't even SEE the map of TX you put up there, nor can I find where you put it.  I even joined the site tonight with a password and everything, but I still can't find the map.  It doesn't even list the map in the map site and it says that I didn't join any map.  Huh? Is that because I don't live in TX?  I'm really confused right now.

                    Nan

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
                      Message
                      Nan, I expanded the map to include the whole US right after I set it up and realized we had California members.  You are showing up on the map.  You have not added any comments, just your name and location.  I'm curious what browser you are using.  Is it Internet Explorer or Netscape?  I don't know if that will make any difference, but you are doing something different from what most of us are, or you would be seeing the map.

                      I suggest you go to the site again and do a "refresh" (normally pressing your F5 function key).  See if that brings it up.  It does take a while to load now that we have so many members, so be sure to give it a couple of minutes.  Let me know if this helped at all.

                    • MistRaven@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 6, 2005
                        In a message dated 12/6/2005 2:15:37 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, nangotoo@... writes:
                        Cindy,

                        I'm in CA.  Could you add that state?  Surely, there are more Czechs than my sister, my mom and I in this state.   Right now, I can't even SEE the map of TX you put up there, nor can I find where you put it.  I even joined the site tonight with a password and everything, but I still can't find the map.  It doesn't even list the map in the map site and it says that I didn't join any map.  Huh? Is that because I don't live in TX?  I'm really confused right now.

                        Nan
                        It's there.  I'm in Southern CA and I registered.  You are NOT the Czech in CA!

                        Blessings,
                        ~Stacy A Chadwick
                        _______________________________________
                        There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -- Edith Wharton
                      • Jeanette Hurwitz
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 7, 2005
                          You tell her cousin. There are a few of us Czechs and Moravians in
                          California. Our people came here from Texas.

                          Good yule!

                          C-ya,
                          Jeanette
                          Antioch, CA

                          Danchak, Dusek, Marek, Silar, Balcar and others
                        • Nangotoo
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 8, 2005
                            Message
                            Cindy,

                            I'm using IE.  I didn't add any comments as far as I can remember because I couldn't think of anything to add right now..  I tried refreshing and it didn't work.  I still can't see the map.  I gave it quite awhile every time I've tried, but I will try it again.  Thanks.

                            Nan