Re: [TexasCzechs] unidentified photo

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2005
      One suggestion would be to send the photo to Dorothy Albrecht, the GenWeb
      coordinator for Colorado County. She then could post it to that website and
      maybe someone out there will recognize it. She could also send it to Bill
      Stein at the Nesbitt Library in Columbus.

      Dorothy's e-mail is albrecht@...

      Matt Cross
      lennonluv@...
    • granny pat
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
        Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I just sent the photo off the Dorothy.

        Pat

      • Sara Ann Barton
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 7, 2005
          Fayette County Record recently had an article, Fayetteville Brethren Celebrates 150 years in Special Worship Service with a picture of Rev. Milton Maly, pastor of Fayette Brethren Church dressed in period clothing and his clerical collar is very similar to the one in the attached photo by Granny Pat.

          -- "granny pat" <phejl@...> wrote:
          Attached is an unidentified photo of a priest and two young girls, probably confirmands. Also attached is a copy of the back of the photo. The writing appears to be in German, and in very small letters is the word "Frelsburg."  This photo (along with many other unidentified photos) is in an album that belonged to my gr-grandparents, Josef R. and Filomena Marek.

          I keep hoping that someone somewhere out there will have this same picture that has been identified.

          Pat
        • natcat77054
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 10, 2005
            Pat,
            There are Trinity Lutheran church records on the Colorado County
            GenWeb site. Here is the address:
            http://www.rootsweb.com/~txcolora/churchrecords.htm
            Maybe you can find a clue to your picture in these records. I was
            able to tie a lot of collateral families together with the baptismal
            records.

            Natalie

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "granny pat" <phejl@t...> wrote:

            > Attached is an unidentified photo of a priest and two young girls,
            probably confirmands. Also attached is a copy of the back of the
            photo. The writing appears to be in German, and in very small
            letters is the word "Frelsburg." This photo (along with many other
            unidentified photos) is in an album that belonged to my gr-
            grandparents, Josef R. and Filomena Marek.

            > I keep hoping that someone somewhere out there will have this same
            picture that has been identified.

            > Pat

          • granny pat
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 10, 2005