Re: [TexasCzechs] unidentified photo

  • granny pat
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
      Do you think the priest's robe is that of Catholic or Lutheran at that period?

      Pat
    • Nangotoo
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2005
        Hard to tell, Pat.  Lutheran is very close to Catholic and have many of the same things.  I have seen Lutheran ministers that I've thought were Catholic priests in the past.  I found the robe in that picture interesting even if I don't know the answer to the question.  It was the first time I've seen a robe like that.

        Nan

        Do you think the priest's robe is that of Catholic or Lutheran at that period?

        Pat
      • Matt Cross
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2005
          One suggestion would be to send the photo to Dorothy Albrecht, the GenWeb
          coordinator for Colorado County. She then could post it to that website and
          maybe someone out there will recognize it. She could also send it to Bill
          Stein at the Nesbitt Library in Columbus.

          Dorothy's e-mail is albrecht@...

          Matt Cross
          lennonluv@...
        • granny pat
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
            Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I just sent the photo off the Dorothy.

            Pat

          • Sara Ann Barton
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 7, 2005
              Fayette County Record recently had an article, Fayetteville Brethren Celebrates 150 years in Special Worship Service with a picture of Rev. Milton Maly, pastor of Fayette Brethren Church dressed in period clothing and his clerical collar is very similar to the one in the attached photo by Granny Pat.

              -- "granny pat" <phejl@...> wrote:
              Attached is an unidentified photo of a priest and two young girls, probably confirmands. Also attached is a copy of the back of the photo. The writing appears to be in German, and in very small letters is the word "Frelsburg."  This photo (along with many other unidentified photos) is in an album that belonged to my gr-grandparents, Josef R. and Filomena Marek.

              I keep hoping that someone somewhere out there will have this same picture that has been identified.

              Pat
            • natcat77054
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 10, 2005
                Pat,
                There are Trinity Lutheran church records on the Colorado County
                GenWeb site. Here is the address:
                http://www.rootsweb.com/~txcolora/churchrecords.htm
                Maybe you can find a clue to your picture in these records. I was
                able to tie a lot of collateral families together with the baptismal
                records.

                Natalie

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "granny pat" <phejl@t...> wrote:

                > Attached is an unidentified photo of a priest and two young girls,
                probably confirmands. Also attached is a copy of the back of the
                photo. The writing appears to be in German, and in very small
                letters is the word "Frelsburg." This photo (along with many other
                unidentified photos) is in an album that belonged to my gr-
                grandparents, Josef R. and Filomena Marek.

                > I keep hoping that someone somewhere out there will have this same
                picture that has been identified.

                > Pat

              • granny pat
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 10, 2005