Svrcek book

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 3 7:00 PM
      Jan,

      I have quite a few lookups (39 entries from the index) that I'd like done
      out of the Svrcek book. If you want, I can list them in installments. Let
      me know. Some of these I want looked up I know others in the group are
      related to.

      Thanks,

      Matt Cross
      lennonluv@...
    • miladyolga@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 18 12:16 PM
        This Svrcek book that seems to be a hot subject at this moment.  Is it in any library here in the Houston area, Clayton library or the Czech library on Willowbend?
        Debra
      • Richard A Garza
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 18 1:46 PM
          Hi Debra,
          Yes, it is at the CHS Library on Willowbend.
          Rick Garza
          Bellaire

          On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:16:44 EDT miladyolga@... writes:
          This Svrcek book that seems to be a hot subject at this moment. Is it in
          any library here in the Houston area, Clayton library or the Czech
          library on Willowbend?
          Debra
        • rebellous_99
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 18 5:19 PM
            I may have posted this list before, but here are the libraries in
            Texas that have the Svrcek book:

            BAYLOR UNIV IYU
            TX DALLAS PUB LIBR IGA
            TX HOUSTON PUB LIBR TXN (This is the Clayton)
            TX SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIV SHH
            TX SAN ANTONIO COL SNC
            TX SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIV, DEGOLYER LIBR FKS
            TX TEXAS A&M UNIV, CORPUS CHRISTI TXF
            TX TEXAS A&M UNIV, KINGSVILLE TAI
            TX TEXAS STATE LIBR IKM
            TX TEXAS STATE UNIV-SAN MARCOS TXI
            TX TEXAS TECH UNIV ILU
            TX UNIV OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON IUA
            TX VICTORIA PUB LIBR TVP
            TX WACO-MCLENNAN CNTY LIBR TXW
            TX WICHITA FALLS PUB LIBR

          • miladyolga@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 19 1:25 PM
              Thanks.
            • czechheritage
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 28 9:30 AM
                Is anyone doing look ups?

                If so, I was wondering if they could look up Odlozilik.

                Thanks,

                Melissa Eckhoff
              • janapivec
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 29 8:29 AM
                  Listings that are close:
                  Odlozil, J.: 73
                  Odlozil, Joseph: 67
                  Odlozilik, J.: 87
                  Odlozilik, John: 70, 106
                  Odstrcilik: 86

                  I had this entry in a file of excerpts--others I can look up when I
                  get home. But if this is your guy and you didn't know village of
                  origin, you may have hit the jackpot:

                  pg. 70-71 (Fayetteville entry, pgs. 70-77): "As far as can be
                  ascertained, the first Czech settler in Fayetteville was Thomas
                  Batla. His religion is not known, But in 1855, we find the Catholic
                  families of Joseph, John and Paul Vychopen, coming from Vsetin in
                  Moravia. Joseph Lastovica from Hovezi, Moravske Valassko. John
                  Odlozilik from Pacetluk near Holesov. . . In 1865- 1875 came
                  Konstantine Chovanec from Trojanovice – near Frenstat. . . two Baca
                  families; Zdirba; Abrahamcik; Porubsky; Martin Kovar, Thomas Jasek,
                  Martin Hlavaty, August Novosad, Ignac Sladek, Joseph Hanak, John and
                  Joseph Orsak and J. Kubala."

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "czechheritage"
                  <czechheritage@...> wrote:

                  > Is anyone doing look ups?
                  >
                  > If so, I was wondering if they could look up Odlozilik.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Melissa Eckhoff

                • janapivec
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 30 1:09 PM
                    Odlozil, J.: 73
                    Pg. 73 (Fayetteville entry): "The cornerstone of the new church had
                    the following inscription `The cornerstone of St. John the Baptist
                    Church was laid July 10, 1911 by the Right Reverend Bishop N. A.
                    Gallagher, D. D. Bishop of Galveston, Texas. Rev. J. Vanicek; J.
                    Simdelar; Fr. Kubala; J. Kramer; E. J. Knezek; J. Novosad; F. Matus;
                    I. Rek; F. Klimek, J. Stelzig; B. Wilde.' . . . The stone preserved
                    from the first stone has the following inscription ` – 1870 K.
                    Chovanec; J. Hlavaty; J. Janak; J. Vychopem; J. Sladek J. Odlozil'."

                    Odlozil, Joseph: 67
                    Pg. 67 (Ennis entry): "In 1935 the K.J.T. Society celebrated its 35th
                    Jubilee of existence. . . . At the time of the writing of these lines
                    the officers are; Father Vincent Micola, Chaplain; I. J. Parma,
                    president; Frank. K. Spaniel, vice president; Joseph Odlozil,
                    secretary; Joe A. Valek, accountant; J. B. Kulhanek, treasurer; John
                    Lanicek, representative, . . . "

                    Odlozilik, John: 70, 106
                    pg. 70-71 (Fayetteville entry, pgs. 70-77): "As far as can be
                    ascertained, the first Czech settler in Fayetteville was Thomas
                    Batla. His religion is not known, But in 1855, we find the Catholic
                    families of Joseph, John and Paul Vychopen, coming from Vsetin in
                    Moravia. Joseph Lastovica from Hovezi, Moravske Valassko. John
                    Odlozilik from Pacetluk near Holesov. . . In 1865- 1875 came
                    Konstantine Chovanec from Trojanovice – near Frenstat. . . two Baca
                    families; Zdirba; Abrahamcik; Porubsky; Martin Kovar, Thomas Jasek,
                    Martin Hlavaty, August Novosad, Ignac Sladek, Joseph Hanak, John and
                    Joseph Orsak and J. Kubala."

                    pg. 106 (Hostyn entry): "Among the first Catholic pioneers - - from
                    1850 to 1860 we find the following names; Charles Ehlinger; John
                    Becka; John Stojanik; John Odlozilik; John Pavlicek; Kubica; John
                    Zapalac; Joseph Lastovica; Anton Hoelscher; Joseph Sommet; John
                    Sladek; Frank Dechenski; Anton Raab; Robert Embrough; Andrew
                    Stavinoha; John Janak; Henry Ehlinger; Joseph Vychopen; Jeoeph
                    Hoelscher; Joseph Fitsam; John Neumann; Fred Donath; Joseph
                    Hoelscher; Engelbert Jezisek; Frank Koniakowski; Martin Skopik; Frank
                    Horak; Anton Knesek; James Koehl. . . The oldest parishioner born
                    November 1, 1860 still living – Karel Becka."

                    Odstrcilik: 86
                    Odlozilik, J.: 87
                    Pg. 86-87 (Frenstat entry): "The name of Frydek was given to this
                    town in 1896, in memory of a place of pilgrimage in Europe, In
                    Moravia . . . One of the first Czech families moved to near San
                    Felipe, was Joseph Zeleznik from Jankovice in Moravia. At the same
                    time came the families of Skopik; Odstrcilik came to Fayetteville and
                    in 1850 moved to Frydek. Afterwards he settled near Frelsburg and in
                    1852 moved to San Felipe. He served for a short time in the army but
                    due to ill health was soon discharged. At the invitation of Mr.
                    Zeleznik from Rosteni in Moravia arrived on the 9th of May 1871, the
                    family of August Mlcak, with a son Anthony and two daughters; they
                    settled near San Felipe. With them came J. Odlozilik but he settled
                    near Fayetteville.

                    <czechheritage@...> wrote:

                    > Is anyone doing look ups?
                    >
                    > If so, I was wondering if they could look up Odlozilik.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Melissa Eckhoff

                  • Helen Swank
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 30 1:30 PM
                      Hello, I am asking if you would look up Supak, This book is a wonderful thing to have. I know you are busy but I just had to ask.

                      Regards, Helen

                      <czechheritage@...> wrote:

                      > Is anyone doing look ups?
                      >
                      > If so, I was wondering if they could look up Odlozilik.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Melissa Eckhoff

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • janapivec
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 31 7:10 AM
                        Supak: 124 (this is the entry that also has my family, Cousin
                        Bernard's, and my son's girlfriend's family name)
                        pg. 124 (Latium entry): " Some 12 miles from Brenham, in Washington
                        County, is situated the Czech community of Latium, with a small frame
                        church, dedicated to St. Francis. Czech families came here in 1860,
                        when this country was still thick with wild forests. The Kadlecek
                        family were the first to have moved in, then came Supak, Tomascik,
                        Urban, Sitta, Stary, Janda, Janak, Pivetz, Kovar, Kocebucky, Orsak,
                        Macek, Grigar, Vojtek, Pisklak, Gerik, Duzil, Sulak, Krivacky, Gass,
                        Sklar, Bednar, Polasek, Raska, Sedlacek, and a number of others whose
                        names could not be learned."

                        Supak, Frank: 19 (last line)
                        Pg. 19 (Caldwell entry): "In 1891 Father Kacer started to come to
                        Caldwell once a month to serve the Czech people. He said Holy Mass
                        in an empty store. By the year 1895 there was a good number of Czech-
                        Catholic families here – from 12 to 14. They built that year a small
                        frame church building. A beautiful picture of Our Lady of Lourdes
                        was donated by Mrs. Antonie Beran. This picture surmounts the Main
                        Altar. This picture was ordered from France by Father Joseph
                        Chromcik. However, the church was totally destroyed by the Galveston
                        storm on the 8th of September, 1900 and only the picture of Our Lady
                        of Lourdes was saved from destruction. Since then it has even [been]
                        referred to as the miraculous picture of Our Lady of Lourdes. After
                        the hurricane times being very difficult for the people of the
                        community, the pioneers were not able to build another church by
                        themselves. It was then with the help of the Galveston Bishop N. A.
                        Gallagher, with funds collected from the northern states, that a new
                        church was erected 30x60 and dedicated on the 18th of September, 1901
                        to the honor of Our Lady of Lourdes. This was the first visit of a
                        Bishop to Caldwell. He also administered Confirmation to fifteen
                        persons: Miss Bessie Kubena, Miss Mary Kubena and Mathilda Kubena
                        (Teplik), these were sisters. Vince Pavlas, Lee Pavlas, Louis
                        Hlavaty; Vince Urbanovsky, Louis C. Urbanovsky, Frank Urbanovsky,
                        Henry Fleckenstein, Robert Schweda, Cyrill Hlavaty and Frank Supak,
                        Emil Pavlas and Joe J. Urbanovsky."

                        Supak, Leopold: 126
                        Pg. 126 (Lovelady entry): "Joseph Skalicky, 70 years old, wrote about
                        the beginnings of this parish – he wrote – `We came here in 1907 from
                        Petrovic at Cermna in Moravia in Europe. At that time there were 5
                        Czech families here; Frank Krenek, John Slanina, Leopold Supak; J.
                        Janak, Joseph Farek, Frank and Joseph Rosenbaume from Beroun in
                        Cechie. At the time of our arrival there were coal mines here, so
                        the immigrants found steady work at once. Father Bily came here from
                        New Waverly on weekdays to serve the people. He said Holy Mass in
                        the home of Frank Krenek and also at time in the home of John
                        Slanina – until the year of 1918. At this time Father Finnigan came
                        from Houston till the year of 1926. After this came Father Weillott
                        from Lufkin, Texas. There are some 21 Czech Catholic families here.
                        All are farming except Frank Snobel, who is a shoemaker by trade.
                        Joseph Skalicky owns an auto repair shop.' "

                        Supak, Marie: 81 (I don't already have this one--I will have to look
                        it up tonight)

                        Do you bid on ebay? your email name sounds familiar--I may have bid
                        against you :-)

                        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Helen Swank <craftydoll41@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hello, I am asking if you would look up Supak, This book is a
                        wonderful thing to have. I know you are busy but I just had to ask.

                        > Regards, Helen
                      • pfoster
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 31 7:21 AM
                          Thank You.  So Many Family names.

                          When you have time would mind looking-up the Valigura Name and posting any write-ups?  paulasmaggie

                          wrote:

                          > Hello, I am asking if you would look up Supak, This book is a
                          wonderful thing to have. I know you are busy but I just had to ask.

                          > Regards, Helen

                        • janapivec
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 31 8:42 AM
                            Valigura, John: 187
                            Valigura, Joseph: 118, 187 (I need to look up the pg 118 entry)
                            pg. 187 (Taiton entry): "Mr. Charles Drastata writes in his
                            parish `Notes': the first Czech-Moravian families – Frank Buzek and
                            Anthony Hajovsky came to Taiton in 1890. From 1894 to 1899 came
                            Bacak; John Pratka; Joseph, Anton and Ludwig Sliva. Ludwig Sumbera,
                            Frank Krupa; John Najzer Sr., and his married son Edward, Frank
                            Gurecky, Felix & Cyrill Stavinoha; Ignac Kahanek; Vincent Macek Sr.,
                            Frank Drastata; Ignac Jurasek; John Merta; John Peter; Joseph Dluhos;
                            Joseph Valigura; John Srubar; John Valigura; William Mazoch; John
                            Holub; Frank Lichnovsky and Joseph Dorotik."

                            Valigura, Paul: 80 (need to look this up)

                            Valigura, Stephen: 51
                            pg. 51(East Bernard entry, pgs 48-57): "During the First World War a
                            bronze plaque, value of $150.00 was bought, carrying the names of
                            soldiers of this parish, Alois Beran; Ondrey (Andrew) Beran; Robert
                            Dobias; Frank Fried; John Genzer; Alfred Grigar; Frank Hlavinka;
                            Vaclav Hradeckyky; John Janis; Joseph Jochec; Robert Jochec; John
                            Kcera; Ladislav Mark; Edward Joseph Mueller; Joseph Petrash; John
                            Polasek; Ignac Pustka; Frank Sasin; Alfred Staffa; Frank Staffa;
                            Joseph Sulak; Peter Sulak; Frank Svec; Albert Sykora; John Tomasek;
                            Stephen Valigura; Clement Vecera; Francis Vitek; Arnost Walzel;
                            Ferdinand Wojtek; Frank Zapalac; with an inscription. 'They were
                            ready to lay down their lives for their country, 1917 and 1918.'"

                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 31 12:46 PM
                              Valigura, Joseph: 118

                              Pg. 118 (Jourdanton entry): "The first Czech families were Cyrill
                              Netardus and his sons Joseph and Thomas, with their families, Edmund
                              Spacek; John Dornak; Frank Malatek; Paul Orsak; Frank Jalufka; Anton
                              Krpec and John Thomas came there in the autumn of 1917. . . . The
                              first Czech child baptized, was Jerome Dornak. First Czech died – was
                              8 month old child Antonia, daughter of Joseph Netardus. First
                              wedding was that of John Kana and Miss Matilda Stavinoha, in November
                              of 1921. In 1919 came Joseph Valigura and in 1920 Cyrill Stavinoha. "

                              Valigura, Paul: 80
                              Pg. 80 (Fort Worth entry): "The first Czech Catholic – seems to have
                              been the Paul Valigura family. They came here from Velke-Karlovice
                              in Moravia. The Valigura family arrived about the year of 1880. Mr.
                              Valigura worked on a railroad construction job. He then moved to Vox
                              Populi now called Garwood, Texas. There he farmed. He died in 1934
                              at the venerable age of 90 years."

                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 31 1:00 PM
                                Pg. 81 (Fort Worth entry): "There also lived in Fort Worth a Mrs.
                                Marie Materna, born in Vsetin in Moravia. Her maiden name was Supak;
                                she came to this country with her first husband Joseph Hlubik, in
                                1871. They settled first at Fayetteville, Texas where Mr. Hlubik
                                died. She then married a Frenchman – Charles Materna and they moved
                                with him to Fort Worth—there lived for over 50 years. Lately living
                                with her daughter Eva. Her three younger daughters from the second
                                marriage, all married English speaking men. At the present time Mrs.
                                Materna, silver haired of 92 years, lives in Fort Worth and likes to
                                reminisce of her birthplace in Vsetin Moravia. She belongs to the
                                Holy Name Parish."

                                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "janapivec" <jesenwei@...> wrote:

                                > Supak, Marie: 81 (I don't already have this one--I will have to
                                look
                                > it up tonight)
                                > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Helen Swank <craftydoll41@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hello, I am asking if you would look up Supak, This book is a
                                > wonderful thing to have. I know you are busy but I just had to ask.
                                >
                                > > Regards, Helen

                              • pfoster
                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 1, 2008
                                  Thank You.  This my grgrgr Uncle John Valigura and Aunt Anna Sitka who also lived in Hraince with brothers Pavel and Mike then moved back to Taiton.  The Valiguras mrried into a lot of these families listed.  paulasmaggie
                                  Pg. 118 (Jourdanton entry): "The first Czech families were Cyrill
                                  Netardus and his sons Joseph and Thomas, with their families, Edmund
                                  Spacek; John Dornak; Frank Malatek; Paul Orsak; Frank Jalufka; Anton
                                  Krpec and John Thomas came there in the autumn of 1917. . . . The
                                  first Czech child baptized, was Jerome Dornak. First Czech died – was
                                  8 month old child Antonia, daughter of Joseph Netardus. First
                                  wedding was that of John Kana and Miss Matilda Stavinoha, in November
                                  of 1921. In 1919 came Joseph Valigura and in 1920 Cyrill Stavinoha. "

                                  Valigura, Paul: 80
                                  Pg. 80 (Fort Worth entry): "The first Czech Catholic – seems to have
                                  been the Paul Valigura family. They came here from Velke-Karlovice
                                  in Moravia. The Valigura family arrived about the year of 1880. Mr.
                                  Valigura worked on a railroad construction job. He then moved to Vox
                                  Populi now called Garwood, Texas. There he farmed. He died in 1934
                                  at the venerable age of 90 years."

                                  --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "janapivec" <jesenwei@.. .> wrote:

                                  > Valigura, John: 187
                                  > Valigura, Joseph: 118, 187 (I need to look up the pg 118 entry)
                                  > pg. 187 (Taiton entry): "Mr. Charles Drastata writes in his
                                  > parish `Notes': the first Czech-Moravian families – Frank Buzek and
                                  > Anthony Hajovsky came to Taiton in 1890. From 1894 to 1899 came
                                  > Bacak; John Pratka; Joseph, Anton and Ludwig Sliva. Ludwig
                                  Sumbera,
                                  > Frank Krupa; John Najzer Sr., and his married son Edward, Frank
                                  > Gurecky, Felix & Cyrill Stavinoha; Ignac Kahanek; Vincent Macek
                                  Sr.,
                                  > Frank Drastata; Ignac Jurasek; John Merta; John Peter; Joseph
                                  Dluhos;
                                  > Joseph Valigura; John Srubar; John Valigura; William Mazoch; John
                                  > Holub; Frank Lichnovsky and Joseph Dorotik."
                                  >
                                  > Valigura, Paul: 80 (need to look this up)
                                  >
                                  > Valigura, Stephen: 51
                                  > pg. 51(East Bernard entry, pgs 48-57): "During the First World War
                                  > bronze plaque, value of $150.00 was bought, carrying the names of
                                  > soldiers of this parish, Alois Beran; Ondrey (Andrew) Beran; Robert
                                  > Dobias; Frank Fried; John Genzer; Alfred Grigar; Frank Hlavinka;
                                  > Vaclav Hradeckyky; John Janis; Joseph Jochec; Robert Jochec; John
                                  > Kcera; Ladislav Mark; Edward Joseph Mueller; Joseph Petrash; John
                                  > Polasek; Ignac Pustka; Frank Sasin; Alfred Staffa; Frank Staffa;
                                  > Joseph Sulak; Peter Sulak; Frank Svec; Albert Sykora; John Tomasek;
                                  > Stephen Valigura; Clement Vecera; Francis Vitek; Arnost Walzel;
                                  > Ferdinand Wojtek; Frank Zapalac; with an inscription. 'They were
                                  > ready to lay down their lives for their country, 1917 and 1918.'"
                                  >
                                  > --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@ > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Thank You. So Many Family names.
                                  > >
                                  > > When you have time would mind looking-up the Valigura Name and
                                  > posting any write-ups? paulasmaggie

                                • Joe Levek
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 23, 2010
                                    I am interested in finding information within this book.

                                    Here are the page numbers that interest me:

                                    Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
                                    > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
                                    > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa:
                                    151
                                    > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
                                    > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

                                    Thank you
                                    Joe Levek

                                  • CWarschak@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 23, 2010
                                           Joe,

                                           I'm not sure what information you are seeking but the following is what is contained in the Svrcek book.
                                           Page 134 states that Frank Oharek, Sr. had settled in Moulton before 1879.

                                           Page 151 refers to donations of articles for the new brick church in Praha in 1892, costing about $12,000.00.
                                           Page 151 states that Frank Oharek, Sr. and Vinc Okruhlik donated the third window in back of the main alter.
                                                                          Marie Rosina Okruhlik donated the Blessed Virgin Alter.
                                                                          Martin and Rosa Okruhlik donated the Baptismal Font.

                                           Page 154 states that Father Theofil J. Okruhlik O.M.I. was ordained June 3, 1939 and celebrated his first Holy Mass in Praha.

                                           I assume this is the information that you are seeking.

                                           Carroll Warschak
                                           Waco, Texas

                                      I am interested in finding information within this book.

                                      Here are the page numbers that interest me:

                                      Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
                                      > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
                                      > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
                                      > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
                                      > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

                                      Thank you
                                      Joe Levek

                                    • Joe Levek
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 13, 2010
                                        Carroll,

                                        Do you know of anyone that has researched the Okruhlik family?  There are so many of them that I do need help with verifying the information that I do have now. I am from the Vinc Okruhlik family, a great grandson. (Can anyone else help me with a family researcher contact?)

                                        Also, the Marie Rosina Okruhlik that donated the Blessed Virgin Alter, would you know if she was the daughter out of the Michael Okruhlik family?  Father Theofil J. Okruhlik, I need help with him, additional information.

                                        Thank you for any information.
                                        Joe Levek

                                        I am interested in finding information within this book.

                                        Here are the page numbers that interest me:

                                        Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
                                        > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
                                        > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
                                        > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
                                        > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

                                        Thank you
                                        Joe Levek

                                      • CWarschak@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Feb 15, 2010
                                          Joe,

                                          Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the names you are researching.  All the info that I have is from the Svrcek book.

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Feb 15, 2010
                                            Czech Family History Texas Czech Genealogical Book Volume II
                                            page 610 submitted by Charles and Geralyn Klimitchek

                                            Martin Okruhlik, his wife Rozina Micola Ohkruhlik & 3 sons Vincent, Michael, and John arrived from Rosnov pod Radhostem, Moravia in 1870.  They came to Frelsurg in Colorado County.  From there they moved to Praha in Fayette County.  Mony of their descendants still live in the area.  Michael Okruhlik later married Frances Oharek.  Frances was born in Tlumacov Moravia.  The and her family came to Texas around 1880.

                                            Okrouhlik (also spelled Okruhlik) consists of 2 brothers, four sisters:
                                            Matous & Josephine (Okrouhlik)) Levek
                                            Henry & Louisa? or Aloise (maiden name unknown( Okrouhlik
                                            Frank & Mary (Okrouhlik) Vana
                                            Frank & Mary (Vana) Okrouhlik
                                            Joe & Katherine (Okrouhlik) Vana
                                            Joe & Frances (Okrouhlik) Jasek

                                            Hopes this helps.  paulasmaggie

                                            Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the names you are researching.  All the info that I have is from the Svrcek book.

                                            Carroll

                                            I am interested in finding information within this book.

                                            Here are the page numbers that interest me:

                                            Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
                                            > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
                                            > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
                                            > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154