RE: [TexasCzechs] Sir John

  • Debbie Ondrasek
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 3, 2005
      Sir John...Glad to hear that you made it through the storm safely.  Hope your wife gets to feeling better pretty soon.  Be careful while you're cleaning up down there.

      Debbie O.

      Don't let the chain of love end with you.

      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005

        Happy Birthday, John.  May the angels guide you and protect you and yours through the year.

        Nan
      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
          Thanks, Nan.  Still in Fort Worth and will be until Oct 21st and possibly longer.

          Up date on Beaumont.  School started back Mn Oct 10th, some classes will be in portable buildings, per newspaper I'm able to read online.  Son said electrician at house 6 AM yesterday morning and worked a few houses getting meter box, pole, etc back up and ready for electric co to hook up, expected tomorrow.  (We live near a middle school, so lucky to be on that grid being hooked up)  Through free calls on cell phone on Sat and Sun, have advised few neighbors of condition their homes were in, per son's inspection.  Lucky we suffered the most damage, and about $1,500.

          Would like to see Frank Mikula in Dallas and Joe Janeka (?) in Burleson while here, but staying with wife.  $3 @ gallon fuel keeps me pretty well parked, too.  LOL

          Nangotoo <nangotoo@...> wrote:

          Happy Birthday, John.  May the angels guide you and protect you and yours through the year.

          Nan

          Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
        • George Patrick
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 12, 2007
            Sir John,
            I take it back!  Your computer works just fine.  Here I am spending hours on my exercize  bike so that I don't have to keep buying larger jeans and you accomplish a better result with a couple of well-placed  keystrokes.

            By the way, after viewing your picture my wife ask me to invite you to be our house guest one weekend.  On your behalf, I accepted her invitation for you.  Now, watcha goinna do!

            George
          • Nancy Sugarek
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 12, 2009
              I've been enjoying the info on Sir John, but am curious?  Please, Sir John, tell us about your name.  I've been curious... where did it come from and how was it given to you?  Sounds like a fascinating story waiting in the wings.  (and if I missed it earlier, please indulge me a repeat explanation)
              Nancy Sugarek
            • Sir John
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 12, 2009
                Nancy, you evidently missed the post of how the name Sir John came about.  With apologies to the members, here's the post again:

                Jana,

                Hit the 'SEND" key by accident in previous message sent in answer to question if I am a knight.  No, and I was unaware of any nobility as you speak.  Am aware of Dr. Jan Mikeska, Prague, CR stating there were mayors and sheriff (as such) and judges by Mikeska name in Zadverice, Moravia area in 1700 I believe was he time era.

                I do have some nobility in my maternal grandparents side (one of the wives of King George was in family line and one of wives he killed).  I made up the title, live on Berkshire St so was fitting.  Used it kiddingly when I wrote computer club monthly newspaper to fill us needed space of newspaper and they never let me drop the moniker.  That was over 15 years ago now.  <G>

                Has been fun and made me red faced at times.  When flying with tour group from Newark, NJ to Prague in 2000, tour guide had it announced over the CZ aircraft that English Nobility was aboard, named Sir John.  I really don't think Queen Elizabeth knows me either.

                Sir John, Earl of Berkshire