Introducing myself and a little Family History

  • edreznicek
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      Edward Joe Reznicek, 68 born in Bell County, Texas to Ed & Mary
      Plsek Reznicek, Grand parents were Joseph (Joe)Reznicek 1877-1959 /
      Albina (Manak) Reznicek 1883-1969. Joe's parents were Pavel Reznicek
      and Marie Trylica both from Valassku, Moriva, Czech Republic.

      My mothers parents were Joe Felix Plsek / Mary Kostron Plsek of
      Marak (Buckholts) Texas. Joe's father was Paul Plsek (Plshek
      according to State of Texas, Washington County voters certificate).

      Have no other information on Plsek's.

      I am married to Lois Ella Marek Reznicek, 70, born at Chrisman,
      Burleson County Texas. Her parents were Jindrich Ladislov (Henry)
      Marek / Milada Macast Marek of Chrisman, Texas.
      Lois' Grand father was Frantisek F. Marek who was married to Rosalie
      Tichacek and her Great Grand Fathere was Frantisek Marek who was
      married to Frantiska Jansa. Her Great Grand Mother was Catherina
      Anna Kamenick Tichacek Sontag (we believe). We would be happy to
      recieve additional information about any of the ancestors. Thank
      you. My e-mail address is edreznicek@...
    • George Patrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        Welcome to the group, edward,
        My name is George Patrick and I was born in rogers, Bell Co., tx , in 1936.
        My birth name was Petrek but, my parents changed it to Patrick when we moved
        to Calhoun County, Tx, in 1940. My father's name was Rudolf John Petrek,
        the son of Frank G. Petrek and Mary "Stepan" Petrek, both of whom are buried
        in the Ocker Cemetery in Bell Co. My mother was Hazel Louise "Eager"
        Patrick and her parents were Thomas Patton Eager and Dora Matilda
        "Underwood" Eager. They were all from Bell Co. , too.

        Recently, with the help of a group of nice people who head up a genealogy
        group in Bell Co. I was able to locate the grave of my Great Grandfather,
        Ondrej Petrek along with his wife, Hermina. They were Catholic from Moravia
        and are buried in St. Mary's Cemetery in Westphalia, Falls Co., Tx--near
        Bell Co.

        Your family history sounds very much like that of myself. I think there is
        a good likelihood that your ancestors and mine--the Petrek family--may have
        immigrated about the same time and ended up in the same place! How many of
        your family have you been able to locate in Bell Co.? Have you visited the
        Bell County Digital Library online? Have you reviewed the Bell County
        Cemetery project? I don't want to send you a lot of stuff that you already
        have so let me know what I may help with?

        Look forward to working with you and your family.

        George Patrick of Austin